Honored Contributor

Betrayed on the I.D. Network

[ Edited ]

As I've posted here before, I watch the I.D. Network a lot.  One show though that gives me the creeps is Betrayed.  It is narrated by the person who gets murdered.  It's really creepy showing that character in reenactments and having usually a "her" (victim) narrate that she has only one more week to live, that kind of thing.  It skeeves me out watching it.  I've only seen two shows - both of which were quite good - but I'm not sure whether I'll be watching any more of them.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Betrayed on the I.D. Network

@Pearlee I just watched an episode in the wee hours this morning, though it is gruesome, I liked it.  Call me morbid but I like to see the reason behind their motives what led them to betray someone they love. I am just fascinated on how the human mind works or doesn't work in these cases, yes it would be horrible to find out that your spouse cheated  on you, but to kill them over it, Sick!  And to see what extremes they go to to steer the authorities off of their track, I just cannot understand how  a mind can turn to such violence?

Honored Contributor

I just can't do the true crime shows. I tried to watch " Village of the Damned " on ID, because I'm familiar with .Dryden, but it just creeped me out.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@QVCkitty1 I am a regular viewer of Village of the Damned, I have watched so much of the ID channel, maybe I have become desensitized to the wackos in this word?

Honored Contributor

The same is done on their "Grave Secrets" segments.

I don't find it creepy as I enjoy that kind of stuff.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee Thanks for the heads up!  I'm going to watch that show.

That's a show I think I'd like watching.  But tell me, do they find the killer?

I go bonkers on these shows where you never know who the killer is....please say they find the killer!

Honored Contributor

I don't happen to care for Village of the Damned.

@Mz iMac  That's funny - I've watched Grave Secrets and haven't even noticed they do the same thing as in Betrayed!  

Gosh, all these shows blend together.....

Honored Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

I have watched so much of the ID channel, maybe I have become desensitized to the wackos in this word?

Me too!

As well as CSI & Snapped!.  So much so, that i have come to the conclusion that if you want to commit the PERFECT murder...

Spoiler
wear a head to toe condom.

whistling.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

DH and I are watching 'People Investigation' on ID and plan to watch Kenda after this one. That's about all I can stand to watch. Never seen 'Betrayed' or 'Village of the Damned.'  We just finished watching 3 cutesy movies on TBS and another station. Not much on today and we don't subscribe to pay for view or HBO.

Honored Contributor

The one I least liked of all the series I have watched, I think because I could not watch it, was Fear Thy Neighbor, or something like that.  I just could not imagine some of the neighbors these people had and what they went through to remain in their neighborhood.  You must feel so helpless in a situation like that.