Honored Contributor

I thought this was a pretty good episode last night.  I'm not sure it's that believable that Dr. Rhodes would go after his girlfriend to bring her back though.  It seems like he would talk to her first and try to do what's best for her.  I'm wondering what others think.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

I thought this was a pretty good episode last night.  I'm not sure it's that believable that Dr. Rhodes would go after his girlfriend to bring her back though.  It seems like he would talk to her first and try to do what's best for her.  I'm wondering what others think.

I agree.  I thougth that, too.  It isn't even like it was a long-term relationship before she started having these issues.  I almost feel like it's just to prove to her dad that he can do this. 

As far as that young girl psych doc, she needs to change specialties.  In fact, she may be best leaving a hospital setting.

Honored Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

@Nicknack wrote:

I agree.  I thougth that, too.  It isn't even like it was a long-term relationship before she started having these issues.  I almost feel like it's just to prove to her dad that he can do this. 

As far as that young girl psych doc, she needs to change specialties.  In fact, she may be best leaving a hospital setting.

All that is true @Wsmom.  I definitely agree that the psychiatrist needs to change specialties.  I'll bet she'll be allowed back since she ended up saving that man's life though.  Maybe she'll have enough since not to come back to the same job.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Robin suffers from Encephalitus. it was unclear what her problem was until last night when it was actually given a name.

Honored Contributor

Re: Chicago Med

[ Edited ]

His mother committed suicide.  

I think he's trying to save her since he couldn't save his mother.

Dr. Connor Rhodes is a Cardio-Thoracic Fellow at Gaffney Chicago Medical Center, though he began as a Trauma Surgery Fellow.

Biography

Connor was born in Chicago to Cornelius Rhodes and his wife Elizabeth, with a sister Claire. His family is very wealthy and powerful as they own the Dolen Rhodes department store started by his grandfather. When Connor was ten, his mother killed herself by throwing herself off the roof of their home. Although she was reportedly severely depressed, Connor knows there is more to the story, remarking to his father that there are things he has not told his sister. After Elisabeth died, Connor left and his sister grew bitter towards him for abandoning her with their father. 

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I had completely forgotten about Dr. Rhodes' mother.  Of course you're right about what he's trying to do.  I wouldn't mind if Robin left the show permanently.  Dr. Rhodes needs therapy himself, although I wish they would just let his life get back to normal.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

A number of times they have said on the show that Robin had encephalitis.  When she was initially diagnosed, she, her father and Dr. Rhodes were all relieved that it was treatable and that she didn't have some type of mental disorder. 

I can totally see Dr. Rhodes saying what he said to Dr. Charles and threatening to go after Robin.  He has a temper and he can have quite an arrogant attitude.  Remember when Robin first began having problems, he and Dr. Charles got into it because Dr. Rhodes brought her home, insisting he would help her.  Then she ended up totally off the rails and locked herself on the balcony. That's when she wound up back at the hospital and diagnosed.      

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nicknack wrote:

Here is the episode description that explains the change in her diagnosis.

Robyn is admitted back to the psychiatric facility, but Dr. Reese takes a different approach to her treatment. She and Dr. Charles soon discover that she has a tumor causing her psychological outbursts. 

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

Um... this is an episode from last year.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

Yes, the post was in reference to the posts about Robyn's diagnosis above.

I will edit and clarify.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN