Honored Contributor

I just finished watching last night's episode of Chicago Fire (11/17).  I really don't like the storyline with Chief Boden's neighbor.  I hope they get that resolved quickly.  I also don't like the paramedic with the candidate.  This is one of my favorite shows.  I just didn't like the direction it took last night.

What did everyone else think of last night's episode?

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor
I agree with both observations!
Esteemed Contributor

I completely agree...hate that storyline with the neighbor and made that same comment on the Chicago Med thread.  I don't think I will stay with it if they don't resolve it quickly.  I have no problem with the paramedic and candidate though.

I'm also not liking the Severide storyline with that new guy...is it Patterson?  The guy from Scandal and Mistresses.

Honored Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

I completely agree...hate that storyline with the neighbor and made that same comment on the Chicago Med thread.  I don't think I will stay with it if they don't resolve it quickly.  I have no problem with the paramedic and candidate though.

I'm also not liking the Severide storyline with that new guy...is it Patterson?  The guy from Scandal and Mistresses.

I don't like that either.  I guess that was basically the whole show the other night that I didn't like.  I hope it gets back on track.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

That storyline was predictable.  As soon as she knocked on the Boden's door, I told DH that something was up with her and that she was there to cause trouble, I think prompted by that other chief.  Then when he kicked her door in, I told DH she was going to say Boden attacked her.  Thumbs down with this.

I don't like that Patterson.  I've not liked him in anything I've seen him in.  He always plays a jerk.  He was also in another short lived show I watched last year and I cannot remember the name of it but he was up to no good.

I like this show but I'm tired of House 51 always being in trouble for something or other.  This storyline has been done multiple times and Severide has been in trouble multiple times.

I don't care for the new paramedic.  I'm still bummed they got rid of Shay.    

Super Contributor

I agree that when the neighbor showed up at Boden's house, and her calling him to help her made me think that it didn't bode well for the chief!  But, I was't expecting her to accuse him of beating her!!  Thought she was going to create problems with his marriage!

Also am getting weary of the constant threats to the firehouse!  Wish they would move away from that storyline!

Hoping that Severide gets his position back and that Patterson moves outta there!!

Honored Contributor

I agree with all of you, well I don't care about Chili dating the candidate. I'm sick of the rest of it though. I hope they move on from the repetitive issues with the Boden and the brass, Severide's job problems and Casey's criminals and cops storylines. After the thing with Boden and the neighbor I realized I'm starting to get to the point where I may not keep watching if they don't turn it around quickly. I don't want to quit watching as I like the characters, I just don't like what they making happen to them.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

Chicago Fire has been one of my favorites.  I like the characters and how they interact with each other.  I thought it was great when they bought Molly's and fixed it up, and now it's become a staple of the show as well as a beautiful new set (love those overhead lights).

But the neighbor with Boden was kind of filler for me and unrealistic.  What bothered me is why someone as experienced as Boden would not have seen through the neighbor's actions.  At the very least, maybe call 911 on her behalf because you, Boden, were suspicious of her motives.  (Her facial expressions at the door were all too easy to read.)

And yes, why the continued issues with the personality/political issues with Boden and his superiors.  Isn't there some other way this kind of issue would be resolved?  It's hard to believe this would happen to firefighters, even "executive" firefighters, who are supposed to do the right thing.  Maybe I'm naive.  I can understand it in shows like House of Cards, but not Chicago Fire.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.