Honored Contributor

Confession Time: I'm Addicted to Family Feud!

OK, I'm driving my friend I eat with crazy about Family Feud.  She was laughing so hard at dinner yesterday.  We eat out together as much as 4 times a week.

I told her I need an intervention.  I'm watching the (now follow this) the re-runs of the re-runs.  The only good thing (?) if it is a good thing, is that my memory is bad and I can't remember the answers so ........ it seems new to me.

The reason I know I've seen it (sometimes) twice already is by the color of the outfits they wear.

Now I've analyzed why I have this problem.  I think it's because everyone dresses so brightly, they are always smiling and so happy, clapping and Hi-fives, jumping up and down, I just love their happiness!  Steve is funny, everyone laughs.  Did I mention sometimes they win money?  Money is always good!  Right?

Being a realist though I think it's because there is never any good news on the TV.  Many of the shows (which I DO like) are complicated and it takes effort to figure out the bad guys.

Finally, I'm going to get to my point.  What is your guilty pleasure that you like to watch when you just want to rest your brain?  I know many of you read, but I'm talking about a TV show.

Gotta go.....Family Feud is back on.......

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Confession Time: I'm Addicted to Family Feud!

I was addicted to jeopardy for a long time so I get it. Hey there are worse things to get wrapped up in.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Trusted Contributor

My husband and I love Family Feud! Steve Harvey is a great host!!

Esteemed Contributor

I've been watching reruns of Match Game 78 on the Buzzr channel.  It is dated, but funny.  This channel also airs game shows from the 50's and 60's.

Trusted Contributor

I also am addicted to Family Feud.   Steve Harvey makes me laugh and I love his facial expressions.

Respected Contributor

I really like that BUZZR Channel.  They air the original "Family Feud" with Richard Dawson.  Also love those retro commercials.

Honored Contributor

twinsister, I watch that too.  The Howie Mandell show where they open the suitcases is OK, but I don't like the way he won't let people touch them.  He has OCD and ADHD so he won't touch anyone.  However, in my research I found that during one of the AGT shows a hyptomist had him shaking hands with everyone.  When he was told about it he said at first he was angry and then he said that he was amazed that he did it and he survived.  Whatever......

Esteemed Contributor

I like Family Feud, too.....but my real addiction is all the half hour judge shows...Divorce Court...Hot Bench...Judge Judy...Judge Milian...etc....

They start around 10am....till the 5pm news...I especially "love" the ones who come to court with no proof ...I just sit here shaking my head...

I wish I could get Buzz....I would love to watch all those old time programs...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Family Feud is a fun show. Steve is funny, and I enjoyed the original host Richard Dawson. I used to enjoy watching a show called The $20,000 Pyramid! I know ****** Clark hosted it at one time. I'm not sure who else may have, but I couldn't wait for it to come on!  The Q edited ****** Clark's name on my post.

Trusted Contributor

I am right there with you, Annabelle!  I watch Family Feud and Jeopardy every single day.  Anyone who calls me knows not to call during Jeopardy!  But I also like Deal or No Deal which comes on twice a day in my area.  I think I like the mindless fluff shows so that I have a laugh for the day. 

Judge Judy cracks me up, I also watch her 2 or 3 times a day!  My guilty pleasure, I guess!