Respected Contributor

Re: Casey Anthony & OJ Simpson?!? Seriously?!?

The outrage for me is the glorification of murder at the cost of two innocent precious lives.  How can anyone conceivably think CA & OJ are innocent???  Shame on the television networks who will stoop to levels I truly find repulsive & disgusting.  I certainly won't be watching.  

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@LoriLori wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

Evening Lori, there's no question in my mind Casey was a negligent mother, and that's being generous, that being said though, the coroner could not specify the child's cause of death nor an approximate time.  It's entirely possible that awful woman was used to 'drugging' her child so she could go out and her death was not planned.  Had the prosecution pursued lesser charges, manslaughter perhaps.....Casey would have a better chance of being convicted imo.

Thanks, Sydney.  I wasn't thinking about that and now that you point that out I agree totally.  It isn't just because she's pretty, although that helped.  I think you're right that the prosecution over-charged.

@LoriLori @SydneyH  If it had been an accident, any normal person would have called 911, in a panic and hoping that their child could somehow be saved, it is a normal reaction under abnormal circumstances.

CA is a sociopath, therfore it was easy for her to kill her daughter, drive her around in a car for days, partying, who does that, not any person who loved their child, then dump her body in the woods.  For whatever reason, after borrowing a shovel, she decided not to actually bury her in the backyard.

In my opinion, there was enough evidence, but I wasn't on the Jury, otherwise, the verdict would have been guilty or hung.

I can't honestly quantify the child's death as an 'accident', but the prosecution knew they couldn't even 'prove' who was overseeing her during the possible time of death.  Casey had many..umm .........friends.  The 'overdose' could have occurred during those loose 'babysitting' times, we will never know.  In fact, the prosecution begged Casey to take a plea deal, which means in my mind, they knew the case for murder was very weak.

Honored Contributor

@SydneyH, based on the judge's comments I think we know for sure Caylee was in her mother's care at the time.

I can't get believe the outrage in this thread about a piece of fake news. 

Honored Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@LoriLori wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

Evening Lori, there's no question in my mind Casey was a negligent mother, and that's being generous, that being said though, the coroner could not specify the child's cause of death nor an approximate time.  It's entirely possible that awful woman was used to 'drugging' her child so she could go out and her death was not planned.  Had the prosecution pursued lesser charges, manslaughter perhaps.....Casey would have a better chance of being convicted imo.

Thanks, Sydney.  I wasn't thinking about that and now that you point that out I agree totally.  It isn't just because she's pretty, although that helped.  I think you're right that the prosecution over-charged.

@LoriLori @SydneyH  If it had been an accident, any normal person would have called 911, in a panic and hoping that their child could somehow be saved, it is a normal reaction under abnormal circumstances.

CA is a sociopath, therfore it was easy for her to kill her daughter, drive her around in a car for days, partying, who does that, not any person who loved their child, then dump her body in the woods.  For whatever reason, after borrowing a shovel, she decided not to actually bury her in the backyard.

In my opinion, there was enough evidence, but I wasn't on the Jury, otherwise, the verdict would have been guilty or hung.

I can't honestly quantify the child's death as an 'accident', but the prosecution knew they couldn't even 'prove' who was overseeing her during the possible time of death.  Casey had many..umm .........friends.  The 'overdose' could have occurred during those loose 'babysitting' times, we will never know.  In fact, the prosecution begged Casey to take a plea deal, which means in my mind, they knew the case for murder was very weak.

@SydneyH  If the prosecution knew the case was weak, which I do not believe, they could have charged her with negligent homicide and she could have received a ten year sentence.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@SydneyH  If the prosecution knew the case was weak, which I do not believe, they could have charged her with negligent homicide and she could have received a ten year sentence.

They approached her twice with lesser charges, the only time they would do that is if they have serious concerns that a jury can't be swayed in their favor.  It's very difficult to get a murder charge without a cause of death, I'm not sure why the judge is speaking out now or how he can definitively say Casey's child was home with her mother during that time period.

Honored Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

They approached her twice with lesser charges, the only time they would do that is if they have serious concerns that a jury can't be swayed in their favor.  It's very difficult to get a murder charge without a cause of death, I'm not sure why the judge is speaking out now or how he can definitively say Casey's child was home with her mother during that time period.

@SydneyH wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@SydneyH  I believe Casey called her Mother during that time period from the house which the phone records bore out.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SydneyH wrote:

@SydneyH, he didn't say she was home with Caylee at the time, he said the search about chloroform was done on her home computer.  She wasn't home with Caylee.  She used to chloroform Caylee or give her Xanax ("xanny the nanny") and leave her in the car while she partied in clubs and sometimes for the aftershow while she partied in bed with one or a few people.  Friends and an ex testified to that.  That's part of the sick sad story:  that all she had to do was leave her at home with her loving grandparents and the child would still be alive.

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

@SydneyH, he didn't say she was home with Caylee at the time, he said the search about chloroform was done on her home computer.  She wasn't home with Caylee.  She used to chloroform Caylee or give her Xanax ("xanny the nanny") and leave her in the car while she partied in clubs and sometimes for the aftershow while she partied in bed with one or a few people.  Friends and an ex testified to that.  That's part of the sick sad story:  that all she had to do was leave her at home with her loving grandparents and the child would still be alive.

@LoriLori  When you say Casey wasn't home at the time, what are you referring to?   As I recall, she was home on the day of the death, called her Mother many times but received no answer, borrowed a shoivel from a neighbor, etc., then put the body in her car, a neighbor saw her put something in the trunk, and left for who knows where.  I think I am done with this, just reliving it makes me angry.