Honored Contributor

Re: Casey Anthony & OJ Simpson?!? Seriously?!?

Hmmm... two of the most hated people in America.  The initial ratings would be off the roof high....but eventually I see no interesting story line.  

Honored Contributor

This is disgusting and I certainly would not watch.  I hope the plans for this fall apart. 

Honored Contributor

Are they dating?

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

No interest in the show, but I agreed with the verdict in both of these notorious peoples infamous trials.

@SydneyH, if you don't mind my sincere curiosity, why do you agree with the verdict in the Casey Anthony case? 

I'm angry with the judge's recent interview where he says she's guilty and lays out how he "thinks" (actually knows)  it happened.  He allowed wild speculation and lies on the part of her defense.  He didn't have to let that stuff in, especially the swimming pool for which there was zero foundation.  So why's he running his mouth now?

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

No interest in the show, but I agreed with the verdict in both of these notorious peoples infamous trials.

@SydneyH, if you don't mind my sincere curiosity, why do you agree with the verdict in the Casey Anthony case? 

I'm angry with the judge's recent interview where he says she's guilty and lays out how he "thinks" (actually knows)  it happened.  He allowed wild speculation and lies on the part of her defense.  He didn't have to let that stuff in, especially the swimming pool for which there was zero foundation.  So why's he running his mouth now?

Evening Lori, there's no question in my mind Casey was a negligent mother, and that's being generous, that being said though, the coroner could not specify the child's cause of death nor an approximate time.  It's entirely possible that awful woman was used to 'drugging' her child so she could go out and her death was not planned.  Had the prosecution pursued lesser charges, manslaughter perhaps.....Casey would have a better chance of being convicted imo.

Esteemed Contributor

There is alot of garbage on TV anymore that I refuse to watch

I feel like cancelling my Direct TV

Honored Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

Evening Lori, there's no question in my mind Casey was a negligent mother, and that's being generous, that being said though, the coroner could not specify the child's cause of death nor an approximate time.  It's entirely possible that awful woman was used to 'drugging' her child so she could go out and her death was not planned.  Had the prosecution pursued lesser charges, manslaughter perhaps.....Casey would have a better chance of being convicted imo.

Thanks, Sydney.  I wasn't thinking about that and now that you point that out I agree totally.  It isn't just because she's pretty, although that helped.  I think you're right that the prosecution over-charged.

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

Thanks, Sydney.  I wasn't thinking about that and now that you point that out I agree totally.  It isn't just because she's pretty, although that helped.  I think you're right that the prosecution over-charged.

@LoriLori @SydneyH  If it had been an accident, any normal person would have called 911, in a panic and hoping that their child could somehow be saved, it is a normal reaction under abnormal circumstances.

CA is a sociopath, therfore it was easy for her to kill her daughter, drive her around in a car for days, partying, who does that, not any person who loved their child, then dump her body in the woods.  For whatever reason, after borrowing a shovel, she decided not to actually bury her in the backyard.

In my opinion, there was enough evidence, but I wasn't on the Jury, otherwise, the verdict would have been guilty or hung.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl, as @SydneyH pointed out, there was evidence of negligent homicide or manslaughter, not of murder or aggravated homicide.  Did you read what the judge said? 

I disapprove of his speaking out now but he said he believes (and he's seen things we haven't, which is why I disapprove; he acts like he's supposing but he really knows, and in general I don't think judges should do that, even after retirement) anyway, he said he believes she was chloroforming her and this night she gave her too much. 

Which is not intentional murder.  An accident isn't murder and there were other charges that could have been brought that weren't.  JMO.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl, well JMO and @SydneyH's, since she got me to see it that way.  I hate what she did and how cooly she played it, lying to everyone, trying to destroy her father, and how she came out of it pretty well, time served for perjury IIRC, and now she lives in a nice house in Palm Beach with one of her attorneys and works for him and is free to date.  I hate that.  At least Jodi Arias is locked up for life.

In other news, Dr. Werner Spitz's lawyers are not backing down on Burke Ramsey's suit.  There have been a few hearings so far.  They will not settle, they want a trial.  Don't think Lin Wood was counting on that.