Respected Contributor

Bob Newhart has died

[ Edited ]

Bob Newhart has died at age 94

One of my all-time favorite comedians and actors. He will be missed by his millions of fans. One of the great ones. RIP.

Valued Contributor

He was one of the best! RIP

Honored Contributor

RIP Professor Proton May his memory be a blessing 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Loved him in a lot of roles, but I really loved him in the movie from 1997 called "In and Out " with Kevin Kline and Tom Selleck, it was so funny and Bob Newhart was hilarious in it......RIP!

Trusted Contributor

He was the living embodiment of dry humor.

Honored Contributor

Re: BoI have beb Newhart has died

I have been a Bob Newhart fan for decades.  I have his comedy albums which are still hilarious.  I loved his TV shows and continue to watch them on Decades.  Thank you, Bob for always making me laugh, for lifting my spirits and for so many years of great comedy. You have left your mark in the entertainment world.  May you be at peace with God.

Respected Contributor

I just read this on people.com. His show is a classic. 

Trusted Contributor

@Trailrun23 wrote:

... One of my all-time favorite comedians and actors - One of the great ones. RIP.

Indeed - He had a good, long life filled with laughter and (hopefully) lots of love. ♥

Esteemed Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

Loved him in a lot of roles, but I really loved him in the movie from 1997 called "In and Out " with Kevin Kline and Tom Selleck, it was so funny and Bob Newhart was hilarious in it......RIP!

@CANDLEQUEEN That is one of the funniest movies I have ever seen.  That kind of movie could not be made in today's social climate.  I think I will watch that again soon.  Bob Newhart was a treasure for sure.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

No wonder everyone loves Newhart!  Wry, deadpan, with that Midwestern reserve,  he was "normalcy" turned on its edge, and devastatingly funny.  Loved his timing, everything.   He and the late, great Norm Macdonald had a lot in common.  

There were some classic early stand-up routines that Bob developed, with him on the telephone, that he incorporated into his shows-- priceless.   He could do "exasperation" like none other....  

Just the best.  RIP.