Honored Contributor

Re: Blacklist Season Finale Wed. 6/23/21 *SPOILERS*

The Blacklist is on Netflix-I'm not sure how many seasons. 

I watched the first few episodes in Season 1 and that first time Liz meets Red-his eyes when he saw her.  Something was there in them-like love.

And in the second episode he told her he wants to work with her to keep her alive and that her life is a lie.

Also that box she found with the passports and money and gun when Tom was in the hospital-the box was carved on the top and it was in the shape of the scar on her wrist.

So many little things overlooked and forgotten but now start to fall into place.

I think too much.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@Cakers3 ....I think you and I are "on to something" in what can happen next season and I can't wait.  Awwww, drink your coffee...I'm drinking mine and "great minds think and DRINK alike",lol....

Esteemed Contributor

I can handle most of the plot, but Liz having a sex change....just no. That is too far out. I hope it doesn't go in that direction. 

I'm wondering what will happen to Agnes. She has no parents, unless Liz has survived the shooting. I doubt she has, but one never really knows with this show. 

Has a date been set for the new season? I haven't seen anything indicating when it starts.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

Has a date been set for the new season? I haven't seen anything indicating when it starts.

@teganslaw   "NBC announced the show was coming back for its ninth season in fall 2021."

".......the show will return to Friday nights this fall, when episodes will air at 8 p.m. ET / 7 p.m. CT on NBC."

SOURCE:  Newsweek DOT com & NBC DOT com

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

I have watched and loved The Blacklist since it has been on ................never  could get into the "Elizabeth/secrets"

storylines that were never ending.   And the killing of tons of people just to protect Elizabeth was out of hand...............

i enjoy the old theory of the shows.....names on the Blacklist, how Red handles things, his relationship with Dembe, ...etc.  Then it seemed to get all about Elizabeth which in my opinion brought the show down.....similar to

Major Crimes....which wasn't bad...until they started continually have shows and neverending plots about Rusty and after all that time.....you were at the point you really didn't care anymore...much like Elizabeths situation.

Posters have stated here that they think the big secret

(which i thought we would discover in the finale)....is that

Red is Elizabeths mother....if that is the case....this will

totally ruin the show for me......................its just a ridiculous storyline  thrown out there........hope it isn't true......................i am sure i am not the only fan that would feel that way.

Honored Contributor

I liked Liz (except for her wig) in the beginning-I think Megan Boone held her own with the experienced and seasoned James Spader.

The writers, however, started to dumb down her character and that made Liz Keen not so watchable anymore.

There are a lot of breadcrumbs leading to Katerina being Red-a sex change isn't unrealistic in RL so it could fit The Blacklist.

I think most of us have tossed theories around as we do with any TV series and it's not such a bad thing.  It makes for interesting POV's and the "who really is Reddington" question has been debated since Season 1 Episode 1.

However, with Liz out of the picture now the question may never be answered until, perhaps, the series finale.

Unless Dembe is the real Reddington.  LOLWoman Tongue

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh