Esteemed Contributor

Law & Order: Organized Crime

Did anybody watch this? What were your impressions?

It was good to see Stabler again.

I'm not going to give any part of the storyline away, but there were moments where I cried.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

Re: Law & Order: Organized Crime

It comes on in 25 minutes.  I'm watching SVU right now.  I'm hoping the new one is good!  I always like Elliot on SVU.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

We watched the SVU crossover show and are taping the new Stabler show. I thought the SVU show was good. I'm sure his new show will be good because ****** Wolfe makes great shows.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Missed the beginning of SVU. I will watch it again on Hulu. The show was very good. 

Esteemed Contributor

I am going to be odd man out here.  I stopped watching SVU a long time ago due to character of Elliot.  Way too intense and his short fuse.

I like Mariska Hargatay but her whispery 1-900 phone s*x voice drove me crazy.

Still, I gave the shows another try last night.  Nope, quit after 30 minutes.

And good grief, Elliots one son is a grown man, stop calling him *ickie.  Can he go by Rich or even plain old *ick?

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't watched yet but will.  I'm looking forward to Christopher Meloni's law & Order: Organized Crime. I still watch SVU from time to time, but it hasn't been a regular watch for me since Meloni left the show.  

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

I am going to be odd man out here.  I stopped watching SVU a long time ago due to character of Elliot.  Way too intense and his short fuse.

I like Mariska Hargatay but her whispery 1-900 phone s*x voice drove me crazy.

Still, I gave the shows another try last night.  Nope, quit after 30 minutes.

And good grief, Elliots one son is a grown man, stop calling him *ickie.  Can he go by Rich or even plain old *ick?

@CrazyKittyLvr2  I'm with you on Mariska. Her voice is annoying especially the breathy one when talking to kids. I gave up on SVU ages ago and have no desire to watch this new one.

Respected Contributor

@Anonymous032819 I watched about 15 minutes of it, then tuned out.  I did not care for the premise and tone of the program  The older versions are better for me.  

Honored Contributor

I fell asleep about 20 minutes in, and when I woke up there were a who,e bunch of confusing and (for me) unidentifiable characters who were lurking around snarling at each other, so I went to sleep.

I am hoping that Chris Meloni has been treated in this new role to purposefully look wizened and overly hardened and sort of harsh because I didn't care for that at all, and the earlier scene in which he seemed to reveal his former persona didn't make me want to know more.

BY THE WAY, who will be willing to assume responsibility for OLIVIA's hair and makeup?

Trusted Contributor

I'll try to comment without giving anything away.  First, I'm a L and O freak but only watch the original as reruns now.  SVU just got too soap operish for me.  However, whenever a new Law and Order series is added to the franchise, I have to give it a try.  From the first few minutes of SVU, I was turned off.  Olivia just happens upon the "scene" which just happens to be tied to Elliot whom she hasn't had any contact with in ten years. Yeah, right. Okay, I won't go frame by frame, but what I found totally implausible was Elliot injecting himself into the case at every turn and especially at the precinct.  His renegade behavior would NEVER be tolerated in the real world.  After that, I remembered why I stopped watching SVU when he was on - he's overdramatic.  Anyway, his new series wasn't anything we haven't seen before and although I loved that one of my favorite actors, Chazz Palminteri, was on the show, it wasn't enough for me to be absorbed into the story.  Now, I really wanted to like the episode, but at the end, I turned to my cat and said, "Meh." LOL.