Honored Contributor

Re: Another nomination for Jeopardy host

@cornicopia wrote:

John O'Hurley of the National Dog Shows would be a great potential host.

@cornicopia 

That man could wax poetic about the Xoloitzcuintli to me all day long and then some.

image.png

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

I remember a while back reading that Alex had made two suggestions for his replacement. One was the play by play announcer for the LA Kings. Sorry I'm not familiar with him so don't remember his name. I think the other was Laura Coastes, from CNN. 

I would have thought that auditions would have been going on for months, even during pandemic shutdown. A list was probably started at the time his cancer was announced.

Honored Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

I remember a while back reading that Alex had made two suggestions for his replacement. One was the play by play announcer for the LA Kings. Sorry I'm not familiar with him so don't remember his name. I think the other was Laura Coastes, from CNN. 

I would have thought that auditions would have been going on for months, even during pandemic shutdown. A list was probably started at the time his cancer was announced.

I suspect the next host has already been determined.  Their name will hopefully be announced soon

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Krimpette wrote:

Somehow, though smart, Ken Jennings just doesn't seem to be nearly as personable as Alex. 

I don't think anyone will be as personable as Alex, but hopefully they will have their own qualities that will attract audiences and be appealing. Hopefully they will grow on us too.

RIP Alex.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@deepwaterdotter There was a long article in today's Seattle Times and those in charge at Jeopardy emphatically stated that no decision has been made  (who knows?) but they will not be making any announcement any time soon.

I still prefer Buzzy Cohen. Cooper? Not the right type and I have no  interest in watching LeVar Burton. 

Honored Contributor

Wow! John O'Hurley is a great choice! I have to admit I didn't even think about him, but now that his name is out there, I like it!