Honored Contributor

Re: Angela Bassett on Kelly & Ryan

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

She is such a fabulous actress! She deserved an Oscar for her portrayal of Tina Turner....I love her hair super short, she has such a pretty face and she is tiny, so I like how short hair looks on her.......

ITA about her portrayal of Tina Turner.  She was brilliant!   She is such an amazing actor and always looks wonderful.

Icegoddess - as to the two different 911 shows, I think what they are doing is having one season of each show at a time.  That didn't sound right - one season of Lone Star, then a season of the other one, etc.   That's my take anyway, FWIW.    

@chickenbutt . I love the original, haven't watched the newer one though. Is it any good?

I like it.  It's very similar but with very different characters.   Rob Lowe is the lead, so I have no complaints there.  You also have Liv Tyler who plays an EMT.  It takes place in a different location (Austin, TX) but the Lowe character came from NY, having survived the 911 attacks as a firefighter.  He takes over this TX station after it had some sort of attack of its own and I apologize that my memory has lost most of the details.

I really like both of the 911 shows and hope they both continue.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess 

Weaves have to be attached (microbraided or glued into your own locks)  to existing hair on your head. There has to be enough of your own hair to make that possible. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Icegoddess 

Weaves have to be attached (microbraided or glued into your own locks)  to existing hair on your head. There has to be enough of your own hair to make that possible. 

@SilleeMee thanks.  That sounds really damaging especially if you remove and replace them often.

Honored Contributor

It is damaging @Icegoddess . I had a weave put in a long time ago and it made my hair break off close to the scalp...never again.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

She is such a fabulous actress! She deserved an Oscar for her portrayal of Tina Turner....I love her hair super short, she has such a pretty face and she is tiny, so I like how short hair looks on her.......

ITA about her portrayal of Tina Turner.  She was brilliant!   She is such an amazing actor and always looks wonderful.

Icegoddess - as to the two different 911 shows, I think what they are doing is having one season of each show at a time.  That didn't sound right - one season of Lone Star, then a season of the other one, etc.   That's my take anyway, FWIW.    

@chickenbutt . I love the original, haven't watched the newer one though. Is it any good?

I like it.  It's very similar but with very different characters.   Rob Lowe is the lead, so I have no complaints there.  You also have Liv Tyler who plays an EMT.  It takes place in a different location (Austin, TX) but the Lowe character came from NY, having survived the 911 attacks as a firefighter.  He takes over this TX station after it had some sort of attack of its own and I apologize that my memory has lost most of the details.

I really like both of the 911 shows and hope they both continue.  Smiley Happy

Personally, I didn't care for it. I only watched the first episode.  I don't want to be preached to about diversity by my entertainment.  I don't mind a little diversity; I enjoy the original 911, but they throw the entire alphabet along with different religions into one Fire Station, in Austin TX no less.  I presume the location was chosen to highlight the lack of acceptance.  I just can't imagine that much diversity being thrown together in such a work situation in Austin.

Honored Contributor

Today, she is on the Tamron Hall show and her hair is styled completely different.  More tslightly wavy.  I don't think it flatters her as much as the short do on 911 or even the curly hair she had the other day on the Kelly & Ryan show.