Esteemed Contributor

Re: American Idol vs The Voice

@Shorty2Uwrote:

I love both, and watch both. (although Katy is annoying on Idol and I find Blake annoying on the Voice) I still watch because of my love of music. 

-------------------

I try to watch both this season too!, But Katy is so unbelievably irritating!!  And on Voice, I think Adam is more tiresome than Blake...though their little "name calling" game is going to make me change the channel!!

Honored Contributor

Does anyone know exactly how The Voice gets contestants? I get the feeling the producers are made aware of them and the singers get to try out for the show, unlike American Idol which is an open audition process. On The Voice you don't get the trainwrecks like on American Idol, most of the contestants can sing.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2wrote:

Does anyone know exactly how The Voice gets contestants? I get the feeling the producers are made aware of them and the singers get to try out for the show, unlike American Idol which is an open audition process. On The Voice you don't get the trainwrecks like on American Idol, most of the contestants can sing.

@Jordan2  I read about this at the beginning of the season.  The producers contact talent agents (I guess it's talent agents) and get names of people the talent agents think have a lot of talent and would be good on the show.  Then they invite them to audition.  I wondered, too, so I Googled it earlier.  Their contestants are so much more talented than the ones on American Idol.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNackwrote:

@Jordan2wrote:

@Jordan2  I read about this at the beginning of the season.  The producers contact talent agents (I guess it's talent agents) and get names of people the talent agents think have a lot of talent and would be good on the show.  Then they invite them to audition.  I wondered, too, so I Googled it earlier.  Their contestants are so much more talented than the ones on American Idol.

@NickNack, thanks for the information. I think that The Voice gets the cream of the crop, American Idol, not so much!

Honored Contributor

I thought there was a The Voice thread but couldn’t find it so I decided I would voice my complaint here. I don’t like how they’re doing the voting only with The Voice app ( which I have) and Twitter. Only the top vote getter from each team gets to the top 12, I think the rest get another chance for the other two spots on their team. Oh yeah, they are getting all 24 contestants in the allotted 2 hours which just shows it can be done without all the filler.

Honored Contributor

So tonight it's Team Adam and Team Kelly's turn to sing for the viewer's votes. As I understand there are two spots left for each team, the top voted contestants from the viewers votes will go on, and the final third spot will be chosen by the coaches. This is like choosing your favorite child, why not let the voting decide?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The voting gimmicks on each show annoy me!  Woman Frustrated This week on The Voice it's finally just the audience voting. But on American Idol they started a new thing: the judges select  contestants that America didn't vote for!!  That was never the way with American Idol voting- the years after losing contestants like Chris Daughtry they started the judges 'save'. But this week the judges selected 4 of the top 10 contestants!

Does anyone know when it'll just be the audience voting on AI?

Respected Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

The voting gimmicks on each show annoy me!  Woman Frustrated This week on The Voice it's finally just the audience voting. But on American Idol they started a new thing: the judges select  contestants that America didn't vote for!!  That was never the way with American Idol voting- the years after losing contestants like Chris Daughtry they started the judges 'save'. But this week the judges selected 4 of the top 10 contestants!

@Ibby114, I agree with you about both shows.  AI was not like that in the past; and Lionel's comment the other night was out of line IMO about how America voted - I mean how did the ones who America put through feel with that comment? 

This is a great disappointment and now that they've changed the voting for all time zones to do so will not allow people to DVR it anymore and still have time to vote which we usually do. 

I feel this way, the judges got to choose what singers they wanted on the show, down to the top 14.  Now we're at the top 10 and viewers can only vote for 6 to go through - I don't like the way they are doing it.  I remember in previous seasons, each judge was given a "save" - why not just continue to use that?  IMO, they have ruined the show; I went on their FB page and there are a lot of posts about how the voting has changed and not good; they are losing viewers.

A bit off topic, I have no idea what they see in Michelle; as far as Ada/Adam, IMO, he belongs on broadway.  He "can" have a good voice until he starts to scream; just not into that.  I could liisten to Maddie's voice all day; she's controlled and has good stage presence without the screaming.  I felt bad for Marcio with his last song choice; he had a great voice, but the choices were not good IMO.

Esteemed Contributor

@HisElk1 wrote:

@Ibby114 wrote:

@Ibby114, I agree with you about both shows.  AI was not like that in the past; and Lionel's comment the other night was out of line IMO about how America voted - I mean how did the ones who America put through feel with that comment? 

This is a great disappointment and now that they've changed the voting for all time zones to do so will not allow people to DVR it anymore and still have time to vote which we usually do. 

I feel this way, the judges got to choose what singers they wanted on the show, down to the top 14.  Now we're at the top 10 and viewers can only vote for 6 to go through - I don't like the way they are doing it.  I remember in previous seasons, each judge was given a "save" - why not just continue to use that?  IMO, they have ruined the show; I went on their FB page and there are a lot of posts about how the voting has changed and not good; they are losing viewers.

A bit off topic, I have no idea what they see in Michelle; as far as Ada/Adam, IMO, he belongs on broadway.  He "can" have a good voice until he starts to scream; just not into that.  I could liisten to Maddie's voice all day; she's controlled and has good stage presence without the screaming.  I felt bad for Marcio with his last song choice; he had a great voice, but the choices were not good IMO.

@HisElk1 Agree, agree, agree ! Woman LOL Although I think Marcio plateaued and wasn't going to get any stronger. I really really liked him too! Ada/Adam should be on Broadway - not on a pop music stage. Some of his high notes aren't there, but the judges comment like he's another JHud!  Woman Frustrated And Michelle is 'marketable'-  for example, J Lo can do several areas well but nothing is stellar. That's Michelle too. 

Of this season I like Maddie and Michael- but I'm a classic rock fan at heart so it's Cade for me. Heart A rocker of his caliber never wins, though- but he'll get a career out of this! Woman Happy I'll never look at kale the same way again! Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Live shows and only audience voting starts Sun. Not sure if they have a save like previously on AI. But AI life shoes are only 4 weeks. They eliminate like two every week.