Honored Contributor

Re: American Idol vs The Voice

As it turned out, I was able to watch The Voice and American Idol as when one broke for commercial, the other was welcoming a contestant.  I wouldn't give up The Voice unless I became annoyed, as has happened before, when the better singers were being ousted, for American Idol.

Honored Contributor

If I had to choose between the two shows, I would watch The Voice. I just like the judges and process more. Luckily I get to see both.

Honored Contributor

I think the auditions are more authentic with Idol only because they don't get to audition with a full band and a full arrangement.  Some sing to their own guitar, some with the piano and some with nothing.

Once they get with a band later down the road, I think it changes for the better for some and worse for others.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

@heart of savinowrote:

the singers so far on the voice are really good.at least most of them can sing.so far i cannot stand watching  american idol.the singers so far are awful.do they really go thru 3 checkpoints before they actually see the judges?

after seeing the first redhead girl with guitar singing and they gave her a ticket to hollywood i turned it off and said thats it.wont put it on again till they have the final 10.

@heart of savino

I can't believe they put her through to Hollywood!!!!!

Respected Contributor

I don't believe that I've ever seen someone so starved for attention as Katy Perry!!!!!  

Honored Contributor

I was curious as to which show won it's time period on Monday night, it was The Voice. I'm watching both shows, but don't think the judges really mesh together on American Idol. I can see them having different judges next season (if there is one). I wonder why Jennifer Lopez isn't back?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2wrote:

I was curious as to which show won it's time period on Monday night, it was The Voice. I'm watching both shows, but don't think the judges really mesh together on American Idol. I can see them having different judges next season (if there is one). I wonder why Jennifer Lopez isn't back?

Since it's on a different network I'll bet they wanted to start fresh with all new judges.  I thought the last three judges worked really well together.  I'll bet The Voice continues to win its time period.  I record both of them.  So far I don't think the talent is that great on AI this year.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I'm watching The Voice and I may sound like a broken record, but they just blew through three battles. I feel it puts the contestants at a disadvantage. I don't want to look back on them and think who are you? I need to be familiar with the stories of the contestants and form my favorites. 

Honored Contributor

• Last night in the last group of four singers there was a contestant named Brittney .Is this the same Brittney who is a vocal coach, that was turned away at the auditions? If so I guess the judges had a change of heart, but didn't notify the viewers.
Esteemed Contributor

I love both, and watch both. (although Katy is annoying on Idol and I find Blake annoying on the Voice) I still watch because of my love of music. 

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles