Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Amazon Sledding Ladies Commercial

Love seeing the inner child come out for a ride.

Honored Contributor

It is a heart-warming commercial.  My husband and I like it.  It actually brought a tear to my eye because these kinds of commercials always make me thing of my mama, who I miss every day of my life.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

I just saw a longer version of this ad. Flashback to when the ladies were kids sledding? Is this interpretation they have known each other since they were kids or was the woman  thinking she felt like a kid? Either way it's a great ad. 

Esteemed Contributor

I like seeing older people portrayed as still fun loving, active people rather than cranky half wits. I see too much of that. 

But if I got down on the sled, I'd have a real problem getting off of it.😏

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

Girls please watch the TV commercial by Chevrolet. It is heartwarming. You will never forget it. I watch it over and over.

Esteemed Contributor

@Catiele 

Thanks for the recommendation ... I posted it on the Community Forum.

@Catiele wrote:

Girls please watch the TV commercial by Chevrolet. It is heartwarming. You will never forget it. I watch it over and over.

Respected Contributor

I love this ad, but hate it when they start airing shorter versions, which they all tend to do. (Same with the current Hobby Lobby ad now). The flashback to their youth (the part that's often cut out) is so meaningful because it's clear that they're childhood friends who visit this place often--probably daily, since the Amazon delivery arrives the next day and they're there again lol. That hill is probably where they all sledded in their youth, too. Amazon really hit the mark with this ad.

What worries you masters you.
Respected Contributor

@patbz wrote:

I too love this commercial but you missed the point that the one lady ordered orthopedic cushions from Amazon so they were comfortable enough to sled like they did when they were kids.

We use those type cushions in the car on long trips. Would love to have them on airline but they are too bulky the wag around.

I'm not quite old enough for the staring role in the commercial but love those gals. 

Esteemed Contributor

I like the llamas in the barn swaying to music played from Alexa.