Trusted Contributor

Re: All things DAYS, wk of 12/11 - THE REAL ONE

@LoriLori   I also like JJ's beard & ditto on the hotness factor.   I don't much care for it on Chad though.

Honored Contributor

@Jackson08 wrote:

@LoriLori   I also like JJ's beard & ditto on the hotness factor.   I don't much care for it on Chad though.

@Jackson08, agree and I don't care for Chad's look.  I also don't care for the actor who plays him.

Honored Contributor

Special appearance by Matt Ashford on Wed.

Trusted Contributor

@LoriLori  I agree!   You described it perfectly.  That's what I'm loving about Days.   At the end of each show, I can't wait to see the next one.  I haven't felt that way for a long time. 

I love how there are more than 2 people in a scene, and sometimes people just randomly show up.  I'm one that thinks Ciara was loud at first.  She seems to have started toning the voice level down.  I think she's a beautiful girl.  OldCiara's character went through so much before leaving (I liked that actor too),  I'm glad that now she's got spunk, she's been revitalized. 

They're also referring to previous characters in their everyday conversations.  That's what families in real life do.  I like that too. 

I know sometimes they go from one scene to another, for instance Sami getting the phone call as a clffhanger, and then showing up at the police station for Lucas.  I for one am glad that's how it was done.  I don't want to see all the in between stuff, her talking on the phone, getting in the car, etc.  To me that's just drawing out the story with more day to day stuff, filling time.  I like the meat of the story being shown.   If they did show that stuff I would think viewers would get tired & bored with it really quickly.   

Honored Contributor

Wouldnt you think someone with the business savvy of Kate would have figured Steve was up to something by having her repoeat what really happened. With today's technology anyone with half a brain would have assumed he was taping it.

Honored Contributor

@Jackson08, ITA with everything you said too!  I don't care about the minutia or even big gaps -- 

(Although @BarbiHollywood with the stove knobs always makes me laugh but we haven't seen the stove lately, have we?) --

-- but beyond that I don't want to see everything and I don't care if it doesn't track with reality.

It's the stories.  The hour is flying for me now.  At the end of Friday's episode I literally said out loud, 'Hey!  Wait!"   We haven't had real cliffhangers in years let alone two in one episode and they show up now during the week too.

Honored Contributor

@Jackson08 wrote:

@LoriLori  I agree!   You described it perfectly.  That's what I'm loving about Days.   At the end of each show, I can't wait to see the next one.  I haven't felt that way for a long time. 

I love how there are more than 2 people in a scene, and sometimes people just randomly show up.  I'm one that thinks Ciara was loud at first.  She seems to have started toning the voice level down.  I think she's a beautiful girl.  OldCiara's character went through so much before leaving (I liked that actor too),  I'm glad that now she's got spunk, she's been revitalized. 

They're also referring to previous characters in their everyday conversations.  That's what families in real life do.  I like that too. 

I know sometimes they go from one scene to another, for instance Sami getting the phone call as a clffhanger, and then showing up at the police station for Lucas.  I for one am glad that's how it was done.  I don't want to see all the in between stuff, her talking on the phone, getting in the car, etc.  To me that's just drawing out the story with more day to day stuff, filling time.  I like the meat of the story being shown.   If they did show that stuff I would think viewers would get tired & bored with it really quickly.   

Oh, definitely, I agree. This is the best way!!! So much less aggravation for us while they drag out everything. 

I don't mind NuCiara herself. What I mind is, "who is this person? She bears no resemblance whatsoever to the girl who left town!!" I find that very strange. A totally different person from the loving sweet girl who left Salem. She wasn't gone long enough to change that much!!!!

I don't like the show as much as lori does, but boy it's a lot different and a lot better. And yes, referring to previous characters is good. Normal. 

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Special appearance by Matt Ashford on Wed.

Spoiler
That is part of  a special episode about JJ contemplating and maybe trying to commit suicide.  Jack appears to him.  I think this episode is perfect for the holidays.  The holidays are very hard for a lot of people and right now he's a broken man.  I'm there for JJ, my heart hurts for him and I hope he doesn't die.
Honored Contributor

@Judaline, there's room for improvement but think of it:  Ron Carlivati has only been headwriting his own stories for three months.  September through now.  July through September was him having to clean up the last one's junk. 

If he can do this much in three months I am so excited to see what's to come.  And the ratings reflect that.  I marvel that he can change the show so much in such a short time!

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori

About your spoiler...my heart also goes out to him...i so don't want anything to happen to him!

I guess we need to wait untol Monday for Rafe to read whats inside the envelope....so hoping it won't be bad news for J.J.

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."