Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

I feel bad for children who have parents that are old enough to be their grandparent. At an older age you usually don't have the stamina for keeping up with the children. Also they may not see the child grow up to adulthood, graduate college, marry, and have a family of their own.

@Jordan2  She's 37. Same age as my Mom when my younger sister was born. 

@proudlyfromNJ she is still young, but Alec must be near around 65. 

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

I feel bad for children who have parents that are old enough to be their grandparent. At an older age you usually don't have the stamina for keeping up with the children. Also they may not see the child grow up to adulthood, graduate college, marry, and have a family of their own.

@Jordan2  I see what you mean but in your post you posted about parents, making it seem like two old f_ rts are having kids which doesn't apply in this case. Many men are older than their wives in our society. What do you think about a wife who is nine years older than her husband? That would be me. Our society is made up of many diverse couples. I'm happy these two seem to love and cherish their kids.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Jordan2  I see what you mean but in your post you posted about parents, making it seem like two old f_ rts are having kids which doesn't apply in this case. Many men are older than their wives in our society. What do you think about a wife who is nine years older than her husband? That would be me. Our society is made up of many diverse couples. I'm happy these two seem to love and cherish their kids.

@proudlyfromNJ if your happy that's all that matters. Nine years isn't that much, I think when there is a twenty year age difference you don't have as much in common, especially things from your childhoods. My mother was 12 years younger than my dad, they made it to 50 years of wedded bliss together before he passed away.

Honored Contributor

Isn't she a yoga instructor?  She would be in pretty good shape. 

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ if your happy that's all that matters. Nine years isn't that much, I think when there is a twenty year age difference you don't have as much in common, especially things from your childhoods. My mother was 12 years younger than my dad, they made it to 50 years of wedded bliss together before he passed away.

@Jordan2  I'm hoping the same thing happens with us as your parents. I need to go first and I pray that I do. It's funny about childhood, ours were totally different. Grew up in different states, etc. I just want everyone to be happy. 

Esteemed Contributor

I really can't get over how Hilarious thought that she could carry off this not-so-elaborate grift, given the internet,  social media and classmates who knew her truth. 

Super Contributor

@KingstonsMom you're kidding right?

Super Contributor

@scatcat  Seriously! May the perfect parent please stand up!

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

IMO, a person's family size is their business.

I was born to older parents.   My father was 50 when my youngest sibling was born.  I do know that for most children born to older parents, we don't get to have them in our life as long as we would like and we get cheated out of grandparents too. Alec is 62.  

Also, if this baby was adopted....how fair is that?  It is difficult for older parents... 40 and older to adopt because of their age.  A and H already have young children and they have a newborn that is possibly adopted? If this child was adopted, then I am not happy about that.  There are younger childless people who can't adopt because they are not eligible.

Money and entitlement can buy anything, I guess.

@Carmie  I must agree with you on that.   Because of who he is I'm sure had everything to do with it .

Honored Contributor

Re: Alec & Hilaria Baldwin

[ Edited ]

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@GRANNY77 wrote:

@scatcat wrote:

Such odd comments

"that's all they're capable of doing"

"I think there is something wrong with that woman"

"too many parents have no idea how to parent their chidren"

Do you personally know the Baldwins?

I agree!  Some of these comments are rude.  I feel they must love children to have six...no matter how they come to them.  

Didn't those Duggars have like 30?  What does it matter as long as they can be taken care of and loved?

@gertrudecloset 

Really?   Sorry, but "taken care of and loved" is only a good running start. 

Call me old fashioned, but parents need to see that their kids are properly EDUCATED.  We have too many kids out there that leave high school, and really have no way to support themselves. None.   

Yes, they can usually find some low-paying menial job, because they have no marketable skills, but I think McDonalds has access to all the food handlers they'll need for a few decades.

JMO