Esteemed Contributor

Re: ANGLOPHILE ALERT: "THE REMAINS OF THE DAY" ANTHONY HOPKINS SUNDAY 1:45 A.M. EASTERN TC

@Oznell 

Such an interesting, enjoyable film.  I've seen it a few times, but each time I see things I didn't notice before.

Anthony H. is wonderful in almost anything.  Although, I did not/would not watch him in Silence of the Lambs.  

Honored Contributor

Re: ANGLOPHILE ALERT: "THE REMAINS OF THE DAY" ANTHONY HOPKINS SUNDAY 1:45 A.M. EASTERN TC

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@just bee 

I love this movie and have seen it many times.

All the characters are odd and complex and the dialogue is rich...so much human drama and wickedness! Cat LOL

@Witchy Woman 

It's pretty much the play -- just on film. Woman LOL

Great script, great performances. Heart

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

This is a superb movie, excellent story line, acting, settings, it has it all.  I would move into that estate in a second, my kind of elegance.

Honored Contributor

@spiderw wrote:

This is a superb movie, excellent story line, acting, settings, it has it all.  I would move into that estate in a second, my kind of elegance.

@spiderw  I'd move in too, esp if Hugh Grant stayed around.

Honored Contributor

Yes, Pearley, he would fit right in that environment !!!!!!!