Honored Contributor

Re: A Question About Jennifer and Ben (I know. Again? But I am getting a weird vibe)

It appeared that Ben put that hat on for the paparazzi and the people with cell phones who were watching them from outside the store. He was probably trying to find humor in that rather than get upset by it like he did on their first honeymoon. Just staying on a private island in a private house would have been better for them, but at least one of them doesn't seem to have a problem with the attention.

He has a gambling addiction in addition to an alcohol addiction. He has lots of issues in his family. Obviously his brother has issues too. I have always thought Ben Affleck would be well off with a non celebrity person from his hometown. He is private and doesn't like or seek attention. He had a down to earth woman from West Virginia, he messed that up and she still took care of him for the sake of their kids. Then he proceeded to publicly disparage her and their marriage in an interview.

I think Ben and JLo are both people who think that other people can make them happy and solve their inner issues, and that never works. Just my opinion from the outside, obviously I don't know them and psychoanalyzing people you don't know is never appropriate. The Hallmark romantic story of getting married after all those years will wear off, relationships are work. She might think she can fix him too, that never works either.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

Re: A Question About Jennifer and Ben (I know. Again? But I am getting a weird vibe)

She's 53 years old, this is #4 for her, who is she kidding with the white wedding dress and veil.

Wedding #2 for him, so not like he would be missing out all the festivities of a wedding.

Honored Contributor

All he's thinking is whatever she influences him to think, which is mainly he's the lucky man to be married to Jennifer Lopez.  They just need to fade away.

Respected Contributor

Jen Garner was more down to earth obviously.  But - and I almost hate to say this - every time you would see Ben and Jen G out together other than awards shows or premiers - she looked like a mess honestly.  Still pretty of course but she was never glam looking whatsoever.  Or when she was out alone or with her kids - shopping or whateever - no makeup, super-casual clothing, etc.  Maybe he wanted more of a movie star type.  

Respected Contributor

@FranandZoe Women are supposed to get glammed up to go to the grocery? No one I know. A marriage should be more than appearances.

Respected Contributor

I didn't say grocery shopping.  She just never looked like she put any effort into how she looked.  Other than big glam type events.  Maybe it tuned him off who knows.

Honored Contributor

@meem120 wrote:

I wish them well.  I read rumors ARod cheated on her.  Who knows if its true.  Also Ben and Jen had been emailing each other for months before  her breakup with ARod.  Maybe they just realized that they were both immature the first go round and never had gotten over each other.  With that thought, isnt it nice they rekindled their romance?  Time will tell.  I really like Jen Garner tho. Even after the divorce she got him to rehab several times.  They seemed like such a good fit, obviously not.  I still think he's moody!!

@meem120 

Well, we also know he has a "thing" about marrying women named Jennifer.    Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

@FranandZoe Women are supposed to get glammed up to go to the grocery? No one I know. A marriage should be more than appearances.

@chessylady 

IMO, you can't compare apples and oranges here.  Of course most women don't get glammed up to go to the grocery store. 

To be fair, most women I know also don't get startled by photographers hiding in bushes trying to take a very unflattering photo of them to sell to some tabloid. 

When you KNOW they are alert to seeing you at your worst, it's hard to go out without making yourself at least ... presentable, if nothing else.

Freelance photographers gotta eat ...

Esteemed Contributor

Jennifer Flavin is soon to be available.

Honored Contributor

I have seen plenty of pap pictures of Ben Affleck, he never puts any effort into how he looks. Implying that is why he "left" Jennifer Garner and is with JLo is cringeworthy to me, especially since he drank and gambled and allegedly had an affair with their nanny.
"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"