Respected Contributor

Re: A Question About Jennifer and Ben (I know. Again? But I am getting a weird vibe)

[ Edited ]

Ben Affleck is a recovering alcoholic. I don't know how long he has been sober but the numerous weddings and lack of a schedule is not good for his sobriety. The man has relapsed many times and when the going gets rough, he may reach for the bottle. I wish them well.

Honored Contributor

Re: A Question About Jennifer and Ben (I know. Again? But I am getting a weird vibe)

I don't look into it that strongly  What I did notice is how Jennifer jumped from her fiance baseball player into Affleck's arms -- now that is a little fast.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

She's an extrovert who craves attention and adulation.  He's an introvert who doesn't enjoy the craziness of life as a celebrity but he loves her and she loves him and he wants a life with her so right now he's doing what makes her happy.  

@chrystaltree 

But they are both Leos ....  lol.

Respected Contributor

First time around he was like her little lap dog - she emasculated him.  And seems to be doing that again.

Trusted Contributor

The photo I saw today of her kissing him while he leaned against a rail with his arms down - I believe he was holding a cigarette, and that's why he didn't embrace her. (So the story goes)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well, on the other hand, maybe they had years to think about what they should have done differently ....  and when she broke up with Alex they had a moment in time when both were unattached and started to talk about what was good and mistakes made .... clearly they both wanted to try again.  Older and wiser now, I hope.

Of course ... it might have been the weather.  If it was 95 degrees and I was in dressy attire, I would be crabby as heck and not smiling either.

Esteemed Contributor

Jennifer wrote and starred in the movie Marry Me and Halftime on Prime and Netflix

Seems to give insight to her personality and how she feels about stuff.

Both very entertaining even if made up.

Esteemed Contributor

@hopi 

That was a fun movie to watch....and I have a soft spot for Owen Wilson.

I've always hoped that he is not a jerk in real life, but who knows. 

Respected Contributor

I wish them well.  I read rumors ARod cheated on her.  Who knows if its true.  Also Ben and Jen had been emailing each other for months before  her breakup with ARod.  Maybe they just realized that they were both immature the first go round and never had gotten over each other.  With that thought, isnt it nice they rekindled their romance?  Time will tell.  I really like Jen Garner tho. Even after the divorce she got him to rehab several times.  They seemed like such a good fit, obviously not.  I still think he's moody!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not, mind you, that I consider him any great catch either, but could it be that Ben's begun to wonder exactly what kind of drama queen to whom he's opened the door... What sort of 54 year old woman working on her fourth marriage and untold of number of engagements and 'relationships' is so needy she has to lavish a half dozen or so designer wedding gowns upon herself, along with multiple ceremonies to marry a man she truly loves, entering into a relationship of which she feels secure... Her entire life is a photo op... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...