Respected Contributor

Re: 40th Anniversary of Luke and Laura's Wedding

I never watched the show on any regular basis but do I ever remember all the hype about the wedding. Believe this was before the days of VCR/DVR recording so if you did not see when aired you missed out altogether!
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kindaglitzy  "Believe this was before the days of VCR/DVR recording so if you did not see when aired you missed out altogether!"

I remember the wedding scene of that show being replayed on entertainment shows.  Genie Francis and Anthony Geary certainly made the rounds of every talk show possible.

Frequent Contributor

I was in my bedroom right after school with my bottle of coke and oreos glued to the tv.  Most of my friends didn't watch GH, there was another soap on at the same time Another World maybe.  Anyway they watched that so I was on my own.

Occasional Contributor

I was watching alone in the den with the door shut. I cried lots of happy tears! Some of my friends from school actually threw a wedding reception for Luke and Laura, complete with a cake and everyone dressed up. My mother would not let me go, which was fine because I really wanted to enjoy watching alone.

I was only 16 when I discovered Luke and Laura. I had never watched a soap and I accidentally stumbled across them one day. I was immediately taken with the actors, the story, the chemistry. Watching daily became a joy and I am glad that I got to experience it all as it happened. In those days I did not have a VCR so getting home daily by 3 was important. I also never knew any spoilers for GH. I had no idea that Scotty was going to catch the bouquet.

Thanks for starting this thread.  Luke and Laura are my favorite couple of all time and I enjoyed walking down memory lane.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kalli wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

I was a young mother with one little one at that point and one on the way.  I do remember it, but I didn't watch GH.  There was just so much hype about it.  

@Lucky Charm At that time I was a young mom, too!  Had a toddler and had recently quit my job to stay home with him. I remember the hype as everyone seemed to be watching GH. It was all my peer group talked about! I didn't really keep up with it once my second child was born.

I loved being a SAHM.  Looking back, I'd do it all over again even though when I finally returned to the workplace years later, I had to work until I was a little older to make up for that time.  My friends who hadn't taken several years off to be home with their children retired earlier and I really missed them. Still, it was worth it and I'm retired now. Smiley Happy  

I was a mom at home with a pre-schooler and another on the way, too, but I didn't watch that soap.  I was a Days of Our Lives fan.  So I was aware of the Luke and Laura story, but not that interested, and didn't watch the wedding.  And yeah, I thought Luke was really homely.  Yuck.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett