Esteemed Contributor

More basics, less weird patterns

I'm a definite fan of Susan Graver tops, tunics and sweaters. However, she makes so many loud, "mamma" type patterns, they are hard to wear. PLEASE Susan, make more basic tops - without all the huge flowers, animal prints and strange patterns. Also, more split and key necks, less bateau (hard on the bra strap area). 

Honored Contributor

Re: More basics, less weird patterns

@Effie54.  I'm not at all sure what a loud mamma pattern is but many of us enjoy beautiful prints.  SG has plenty of plain tops but her prints are outstanding.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I agree her prints are over the top for me too and too long in every way for someone 5ft 3. If she can make solid pants in a petite size, why can't she make tops with smaller prints and in more solids for the petite women.

Esteemed Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

I agree her prints are over the top for me too and too long in every way for someone 5ft 3. If she can make solid pants in a petite size, why can't she make tops with smaller prints and in more solids for the petite women.

Exactly. All you have to do is search Susan Graver's "floral" tops...the prints are huge and they look like something my mother would wear. Very infrequently does Susan ever make a soft print, or small floral pattern. Big flowers do nothing on a womans body. 

Valued Contributor

I am 68 and many of her prints are too "old lady" for me! I also wish she would choose one thing- a bold print, or asymetrical hem, or cold shoulder or bell sleeve etc.-she puts too many of these together! I like her more simple tunics and sweaters but these days they are hard to find. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The huge flowered prints with EVERY color possible and cold shoulders (it is fall here I am seeking warm shoulders) certainly saves me money and lusting for the high price (IMO) tops .

I have found an abstract print on LTS from  her previous collections that I am awaiting. I have always in the past liked her placement prints that have strategically placed patterns to enhance figures. I have not noticed any of those lately. What I have seen are huge flowers everywhere. Of course I have seen them in all lines , so I guess they are fashionable now.

I do like her 'liquid knit' this time of year as it is warm and easy to slide ones coat on and off.

Valued Contributor

Many of us like prints.  There has to be a balance.  I like prints for a variety of reasons but they don't show the spots when food is dropped on them so when you travel its easier to do spot cleaning without leaving a big ring.  I like prints anyway.  I do have a lot of Graver solids too.  

Occasional Contributor

Amen for more basic patterns and tops.  Too many loud patterns that she claims are "high end", but look really awful.  I want the basic everyday tops you can wear with anything.  It's been a while since I have found anything I like from Susan Graver's line of fashion.

Honored Contributor

What constitutes weird? I like geometric more than flowers, but there is a market for all. It's paying over $60 for a top that bothers me.

Esteemed Contributor

I bought 4 of her sheer floral tops that had the matching liquid knit top . Yes, I  thought they were pricey  . I would have liked them more at a lower price point and  the hemline being shorter . I di like the floral tops that I did buy as they reminded me of the 1970's  Retro is always in .