Occasional Contributor

Re: More basics, less weird patterns

Again, another "meh" season of lack-luster designs and styles.  I bypassed my typical summer spending at QVC due to a season of dull fashion choices hoping things would get better for the fall. But it looks like more disappointment.

So, I guess I'll go back to some of the local retail stores.

Valued Contributor

I like many of Susan's prints.  I don't think they are weird.  I also like solids and she makes plenty of them too.  Problem is I'm always spattering or dropping food or salad dressing on my tops and I prefer to wear prints because I can dab out my mess without causing a huge spot when I am out to eat. 

Valued Contributor

I also prefer tops that are at least thirty inches long. I think the designers should offer petites. Because if the tops are shorter they don't look good on us taller people.
Esteemed Contributor

Would like a variety of solids  and some prints.  I  wanted to buy the animal print top of hers with bell sleeves  except for the fact it was another tunic !  The animal print came in some nice colors grey and natural  witha liquid knit tank. It was  originally $60 dollars marked down to $40 some which is still on the higher end . Maybe her tops would  fall within a sweet spot price   for most  if they were   26 -  30 inches in length .

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Effie54.  I'm not at all sure what a loud mamma pattern is but many of us enjoy beautiful prints.  SG has plenty of plain tops but her prints are outstanding.

@Kachina624 Thank you for saying this!  I agree.  I get nothing but compliments on my printed tops from Susan.  I like to know what a mamma pattern is too.  I guess these women think they will stay young forever.  'if they do, they're living a huge fantasy.  

Contributor

Exactly....the costs of these "designer" tops are getting a little ridiculous.  I can go to a brick and morter store and find tops just as nice for less....YOU just have to GET UP and go!  I like prints as well as solids, but some of S.G. prints are just too busy and old ladyish...and I'm 59 yrs. old.