Valued Contributor

@corita wrote:

@darlight wrote:

about hosts you are thinking of terminating...before they just disappear!

---------------

Do not think that is a good idea and QVC would never do it!  But, I do think that viewers should be able to "evaluate" hosts' presentations and QVC should pay attention to that information.   In any job I have ever held, customer evaluations were always a large part of my supervisor's annual appraisal.   In fact, their comments and assessments were very important to my job retention and if I received a raise!! 

If you think about it, evaluations in this case would be useless.  QVC judges their hosts on the sales they make and money they bring in, not on how the audience might "evaluate" their hosts.  Just look at all the host-bashing posts here.  Some of them drone on endlessly, and you see the same complaints about the same hosts nearly every day -- weird hair, overdone makeup, strange wardrobe, talking a mile a minute, clowning around, and so on.  Unless a host does something egregious, all that QVC in interested in is that their hosts move the merchandise and bring in the $$$$.

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

Guess I don't understand the purpose of this "poll".

@Krimpette, as of late the "interest" in hosts' have slowly increased for some unforseen reason.  I agree this is a stupid thread..  I'm really surprised the Mods have been so patient in allowing this, they seem, to me, to be baiting (not the Mods)..  

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Regular Contributor

Re: take an audience poll

[ Edited ]

I just saw this again now, I tend to post and run..,, I wrote it after Jackie Gonzalaz dissapeared, I am assuming that Qvc wants to please thier viewers and so I think they need to poll the audience,thier favorite hosts. and thier least favorite and why?

I liked Jackie and she was suddenly gone,  and some I find annoying  and they are always on..

Why not post a poll here and the viewers can answer in private.. or it could be hurtful..

I dont think its stupid, who better to ask than the audience.

How many times are there posts about I hate this host and shes always on or I love that host and she is gone..

Makes sense to me, They dont have to follow it but they can find out what is liked or not, hard sell soft sell. etc. maybe poll was a bad name.. 

I welcome constructive advice in my job. not hurtful.. 

Regular Contributor

its here cause they want audience views, surveys are big, companies want vieweres opinions. so not stupid! (and so rude to call it that)

Granted , Poll may have been the wrong word, , but I think most  can get the gist of it what I was saying.., or I thought they could.. I meant the popular hosts should not be axed.

Regular Contributor

I welcome constructive criticism, and don't use the word stupid. 

Esteemed Contributor

I don't think we're allowed to bump threads.  This thread is 4 months old.

Respected Contributor

@qbetzforreal wrote:

I don't think we're allowed to bump threads.  This thread is 4 months old.

@qbetzforreal, the OP started this post in June (one month ago).