Super Contributor

What's the harm in having a bit of humor, especially with all of the seriousness in what's going on elewhere??  There should be more laughter in the world. 

Super Contributor

Harmless innocent humor.....please please please lighten up about the squirrel and acorn.   After all there's a new stuffed animal on the horizon....the dog, I forget his name.   But it's just meant to lighten up your day, not ruin it.  

Esteemed Contributor

I really like Carolyn and Gary, their show is the only one on the Q I actually make time for. Unfortunately I rarely if ever buy anything,the prices seem too high compared with other places.  The squirrels I can take or leave,mostly leave. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Esteemed Contributor

Several hosts are making Charlie the Dog their new mascot.119643748_3484306211625471_4544420838349309381_o.jpg

Trusted Contributor

He's adorable!

Esteemed Contributor

What is Charlie the dog?

Respected Contributor

Doesn't bother me at all.  It is silly, but its good to have something to smile about!  For some reason, everytime they start the "squirrel voices" it makes me giggle.  

I think we all need to laugh when we can in the world we are living in right now!

Esteemed Contributor

It might be humorous if a child was acting/talking like that, but not an adult who is supposed to be selling clothes.  They have carried it too far.

Frequent Contributor

I do think Carolyn has gone overboard with the squirrel thing. One day following a Denim & Co. show she went into a show featuring Irish gift items, and she was presenting an item with one of those Irish blessing prayers imprinted on it. Carolyn read out the blessing in the stupid baby squirrel voice she uses. Not only did that not make me smile, it came across like she was mocking the blessing. A real turnoff and not at all professional.

Maybe she needs to be reminded that silliness works best in small doses and it's not always time to be lighthearted.

Esteemed Contributor

@glamwitch wrote:

I do think Carolyn has gone overboard with the squirrel thing. One day following a Denim & Co. show she went into a show featuring Irish gift items, and she was presenting an item with one of those Irish blessing prayers imprinted on it. Carolyn read out the blessing in the stupid baby squirrel voice she uses. Not only did that not make me smile, it came across like she was mocking the blessing. A real turnoff and not at all professional.

Maybe she needs to be reminded that silliness works best in small doses and it's not always time to be lighthearted.

@glamwitch  Good comment.  Carolyn thinks she is being cute and funny.....NOT!!