Respected Contributor

@SaggingGal

I don't consider it discrimination, but I do think with the volume of sales they have, they are missing a large audience by not offering Petites.  As another poster stated, it drives me crazy when they have crop pants that are not offered in Petite and the host says "these are fine if you are Petite, they will just be a little longer".  Really!  They would no longer be crop pants.  They will say anything to get you to buy!  Also, with designers making most tops longer than in the past, those with short arms and torsos need Petite in tops or we are sitting on the hem and they just don't look right, and 3/4 sleeves are no longer 3/4 but Almost long sleeves.  I choose to shop where Petites are offered and there are many, especially online retailers. QVC is losing out.

New Contributor

me too!!   It doesn't fit everyone and they lie.

Respected Contributor

Blackhole99, it certainly is the designers' fault--and QVC is totally to blame for not allowing petite women to have the option to buy clothing that fits.

Super Contributor

@insomniac2 wrote:

Blackhole99, it certainly is the designers' fault--and QVC is totally to blame for not allowing petite women to have the option to buy clothing that fits.

@insomniac2 - How can it be the designers fault for not having petite sizes?  They probably would love to offer more of their items in petites and talls so they don't have to do the silly "this works for everyone" song & dance.

The entire decision comes down to QVC and what their buying team decides to offer.  It doesn't matter how much the designer wants an item to be offered in petites/talls if QVC refuses to offer those sizes.  QVC buyers only offer what they think will sell.

I think QVC needs new buyers who have a better handle on what QVC customers actually want to purchase.

Respected Contributor

DeniseColo, I said that "QVC  is totally to blame. . ."

I stand by that remark.

Respected Contributor

I have lost height  an inch, in the aging process and need a shorter length.  I now buy Petite pants. A Short would be ideal like Jean Byce founder of Quacker used to mention. I look for Petite and their loss as I won't buy a regular length any more and do not wear  high heels.