Esteemed Contributor

Re: You are literally using literally wrong

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

How about literally " liquid" knit ? 🤣🤣

What? @QVCkitty1  you made me laugh. Thanks lol

Esteemed Contributor

You all are so funny lol. One Sundays when my family get together we look at Saturday live. Tomorrow I'll tell them I don't have to look at it. I get it from QVC POSTERS. Thanks everyone.  You all are the best.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Using "I seen" could be a southern use of English originally but now used in other parts. Still I agree, I hate the sound of it.

Also using "aint" as if defying anyone to criticise thinking it is cool or something.

And ok wait, tired of everyone using "absolutely"! for everything!

And "No problem" instead of thank you!

(I never asked or thought it was a problem!)

And one of the ones I hate the most-

when people are talking about someone and someone says (instead of she or her name),"The woman is..."   or, "I can't stand the woman"

It sounds so dismissive and arrogant, and such a put down.

I guess we all do have our idiosyncracies! Now there's a nice word!

Sometimes I think depending on what the venue is, our language can be more relaxed or sound very professional, don't you think?

I had a friend who read the dictionary like you would a novel.

That can be ok unless it is turned into a feeling of superiority or using words that they know no one would probably know without looking it up!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

i  try NOT to judge someones INTELLIGENCE by how many times they may use or say one particular word, especially on a shopping channel OR on forums.

I agree.

Hosts on shopping channels are not, and weren't expected to be, trained journalists or professional speakers. They are flawed everyday people just like the rest of us. 

Occasional Contributor

don't watch...

Esteemed Contributor

@vsm  No, I was literally referring to a woman who literally? creates bakeware and dishes.

Respected Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@vsm  No, I was literally referring to a woman who literally? creates bakeware and dishes.

Oh, my -- then there are at least two of them.

Esteemed Contributor

"basically"......

Occasional Contributor

Yes! One of my Biggest Pet peeves ever is the incorrect and constant use of that word! STOP !! This I'd followed closely by the hosts, guests and models with their hands constantly in their hair! 

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I'd like to see an item they're selling literally fly out the door, as they say.  We've had the "literal" discussion here many times before and it doesn't change a thing.  I guess you can't fix ignorance. 

LOL!  Funny post.  "lighten up Frances..."   Smiley Happy