Super Contributor

When I'm wanting to buy a shirt, I want to know how long it is.  The front tuck is not something a women of my size or age would ever do by the way, and we need to shop for our tunics and long shirts.  JMHO

Esteemed Contributor

I'm a small person, and I don't like seeing the front tuck on the models either. I want to see the entire shirt, and that tuck doesn't show me what I want to know. I've obviously not mastered the art of the tuck because it doesn't make my shirts look any better! LOL!

Honored Contributor

Re: Abolish the front tuck

[ Edited ]

That front tuck looks like somebody got dressed in a hurry and did not have time to put their shirt in right, somebody has been doing the nasty and did not have time to get dress before getting to their place of work, somebody has outgrown their pants and are trying to hide the fact they have not buttoned up the top button of their pants

Honored Contributor

I think that's the whole point of the front tuck.  The idea is that it doesn't look too perfectly done.  I'm not a fan of it either.  

Respected Contributor

I think it would be very simple to show it both ways. I usually wear my shirts out but sometimes I do a partial tuck with jeans and it looks nice. Believe me, I didn’t do it for years because I didn’t want to look trendy lol, but it definitely creates a more flattering silhouette with my t shirts.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't mind the concept of the front tuck, but that should not be the only way any top is presented, whether on air or online. Case in point: The top linked below was added to the website earlier this week, but it was not presented until tonight. Every single image of every single color, plus the model-only video that was the only video until a couple of hours ago, has some kind of tuck going on that makes it impossible to tell how the top fits. And in the model-only video, she has it so tightly tucked that it is bunching in the back, which nobody would want.

https://www.qvc.com/Belle-by-Kim-Gravel-Gingham-Signature-Zip-Woven-Blouse.product.A396221.html?sc=C...

Honored Contributor

I'm not a fan of the front tuck either but the point is that if the tuck is being modeled how is one supposed to see how the top really fits?  Why would they do that?  If I can't see how a top looks untucked, I'm not buying!

Honored Contributor

I agree with so many here.

I'm tired of seeing it because to me it looks like someone is trying so hard to be

so casually cool or cute without any thought when it actually is purposely

practiced til it looks oh so right.

I think I can remember doing something like that when I was 8 or 10 and in such a hurry after visiting the ladies room, I didn't have time to get it all back together.

Not such a good look whether 8 or 60 or whatever.

And yes, I may sound like an "old lady" and I don't care!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Is this what I call the "half tuck"?  If so, back in the day, this used to happen when people were kind of in a hurry and sloppy or their shirts were too short and wouldn't stay tucked in all the way!  This was way before it became a fashion statement!  I think though if you are showing a top on t.v., if you want to show it tucked in, then also show it totally untucked, so people can tell how long it really is and how it looks both ways!  As for myself --- my tucking days are over!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

This is actually "a thing"?