Honored Contributor

Re: Will Host's ever STOP throwing merchandise across the set?

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

Count me in on the side of "this does not register as something to care about one way or another".   Unless they start to throw puppies and kittens, I just don't give a hoot.

Ditto .... what a crazy thing to get all worked up over!   Yikes!

I have never understood why people get upset about this.  Do they worship handbags?  Really?  I throw mine in the closet all the time.  It's a handbag.  It isn't a kitten. I think the problem is that people care far too much about material items.  Maybe a little throwing would do us all some good!  Woman Wink

The hosts aren't being rude or disrespectful.  If they are throwing it to hit someone, yes, but it's a casual silly thing.  It's just a prop handbag.  

Honored Contributor

It isn't a matter of worship, it's a matter of those that work for this company not showing respect for the high end items they sell.

The company demands high prices for most of these items, yet alow the hosts/reps to treat the items like a bag of trash.  

Am I worried about it?  Of course not.... but I'm not about to "respect" an item by paying out a ton of money if those that represent this item to me aren't willing to AT LEAST handle it with the care it deserves...... 

That's it....  if you want me to respect the item by paying a lot of money for it, then respect the item enough NOT to throw it off stage....  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Rsi wrote:

I have never seen someone in front of them "WAITING TO CATCH" the " suddently thrown "flying" across the room, merchandise, but have actually seen it fall onto the floor, after being thrown.

If this is the way my expensive merchandise, that I buy, is being treated, then I am going to "WORRY" about it because I buy alot and expect my things to be treated without the possibility of being damaged. And no one likes returning damaged items.

@Rsi   Are you aware that on-air merchandise is only sold in the "as is" category?   You only need to worry if you buy those items.  A good handbag should be able to take some wear and tear.  Mine gets worse treatment than the Q bags when it goes flying onto the floor when I stop suddenly.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

"You do realize that the items on air are not things you will ever receive from QVC, do you not? These items are used for on-air presentations and eventually end up being sold as-is or in outlets.

In a world where we treat other human beings like garbage. the idea that people worry about abusing overpriced handbags that some still see as status symbols (it's Dooney -- not Prada or Hermes, get over it) is beyond me."

Your comment above;

imply's that I am 'naive' enough to think this will be the merchanize  that I will receive, don't you realize that their action's in front of the camera, will most likely, be the way merchandize is treated throughout their store, because the "example" the Host's  diplay will most likely be followed by other employees.

By-the-way, I do purchase many Dooney bags and other bags, as well, for THE QUALITY of the materials and workmanship but not for the "STATUS SYMBOL" but I do respect those that do purchase them for "STATUS", why not? if this is their way to reward themselves for working hard and earning the right to carry a fancy, well-made bag.

Your comment on people being "treated like garbage" in this world and comparing this to handbags is very confusing, since I always treat others with respect and that includes animals, merchandise, and everything else.

Honored Contributor

In a world where we treat other human beings like garbage. the idea that people worry about abusing overpriced handbags that some still see as status symbols (it's Dooney -- not Prada or Hermes, get over it) is beyond me."

========================================

This isn't the point.  It's the fact that QVC

Honored Contributor

.... sorry for the early posting...

========================================

This isn't the point.  It's the fact that QVC wants US to pay a lot for these items.  If THEY handle them like cr@p, then why would we ohhh and ahhh over the materials and how well the items are made?  Why would we even consider paying $300 for one of them!  After all, those selling them sure don't consider them worthy of even handing them to the stage hands.

If I've spent all day lovingly making a dinner for friends and see that they are passing the food around with their hands, tossing the rolls to one another,  I would be insulted that they couldn't sit at my table and show manners??  Their display of CRUDENESS would mortify me.  I would immediately think that they didn't value what I had done for them.  AND THAT is how I feel about tossing handbags...  it's crude. 

Respected Contributor

Here's the question: do any viewers love it when the merchandise is tossed?

I would say NO.

Therefore, it is QVC's job to tell the hosts to STOP IT.