Super Contributor

Re: Will Host's ever STOP throwing merchandise across the set?

I wish the hosts wouldn't eat when they are presenting clothes.  They are eating with their fingers and touching the clothes. 

Honored Contributor

It doesn't bother me much when they throw things, although I do think it's kind of childish.  Actually, I never understand why they can't just put a sold out color behind them or under the table.  No need to totally remove it like it's suddenly contaminated!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I know there are bigger things to worry about.  You could likely apply that to many of the threads and posts.  Remember, much is forbidden fruit.

That said, throwing of merchandise by hosts on the air is so, so unprofessional and inconsistent with what should be the image of a shopping network in millions of homes.  Cheers to Antonella and others who refuse to do this.  I think it's crude behavior.

Now I'll turn my attention to bigger things.  Am I scheduled to speak at the UN today?  Am I speaking before Congress?  Do I have a conference call with several world leaders?  I better check my calendar.  Or ask my staff, my DH and cat.

Trusted Contributor

If this is the way my expensive merchandise, that I buy, is being treated, then I am going to "WORRY" about it because I buy alot and expect my things to be treated without the possibility of being damaged. And no one likes returning damaged items.

You do real,ize that the items on air are not things you will ever receive from QVC, do you not?  These items are used for on-air presentations and eventually end up being sold as-is or in outlets.

In a world where we treat other human beings like garbage. the idea that people worry about abusing overpriced handbags that some still see as status symbols (it's Dooney -- not Prada or Hermes, get over it) is beyond me.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KYToby wrote:

If this is the way my expensive merchandise, that I buy, is being treated, then I am going to "WORRY" about it because I buy alot and expect my things to be treated without the possibility of being damaged. And no one likes returning damaged items.

You do real,ize that the items on air are not things you will ever receive from QVC, do you not?  These items are used for on-air presentations and eventually end up being sold as-is or in outlets.

In a world where we treat other human beings like garbage. the idea that people worry about abusing overpriced handbags that some still see as status symbols (it's Dooney -- not Prada or Hermes, get over it) is beyond me.

KYToby, I agree with some of what you said and respect your view. Yes, human beings are treated like garbage, but that topic is a no no here.  So we are left with discussing inanimate objects.

The disrespect shown for the tossed products whether they are Prada, Dooney or Walmart is a reflection of the decline in our culture of a concern about people or property. That is what disturbs people - the careless disrespect about all things 

This would be such a simple fix for QVC.  The hosts could be told "no more throwing merchandise."  It would be solved.  These threads would end about this topic and we could all move on to more important topics.  gmkb

Respected Contributor

Count me in on the side of "this does not register as something to care about one way or another".   Unless they start to throw puppies and kittens, I just don't give a hoot.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

Count me in on the side of "this does not register as something to care about one way or another".   Unless they start to throw puppies and kittens, I just don't give a hoot.

Ditto .... what a crazy thing to get all worked up over!   Yikes!

Valued Contributor

@gmkb wrote:

Jane T. is the worst offender when it comes to throwing merchandise. I have seen her throw shoes and purses.  I made a conscious decision months ago that I would not buy when she is presenting until she stops tossing the merchandise.

Antonella recently did a Dooney presentation where she specifically said she would not throw any purses and she didn't.  I gained a new respect for Antonella.

ITA.  I cannot understand why Jane Treacy wants to appear as someone who was raised w/out manners.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

It's their stuff; I don't care what they do with it.  I don't understand why people are so concerned about this.  There is someone catching these "throws".  What the heck?  I guess some people are short on things to worry about.

How about this...our solar system is dying and will be gone in one to two million years.  Ready, set, worry.

We won't be here in one to two million years.  No sense in worrying about that either.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

Ditto .... what a crazy thing to get all worked up over!   Yikes!

I will speak for myself and likely many others.

I am not "worked up" over this topic.  I think you could make that conclusion about any thread or post that expresses an opinion.  I find that any topic of real importance is poofed because it is either deemed political, religious, or in this "controversial" bucket.  Really hard to have an intellectual discussion here, isn't it?  So you either leave entirely or adapt to accepted discussions.  So it is what it is.

No, my comment is not handbag abuse.  It's about behavior during presentations that is pretty tacky. Really.  Yes, I'm fully aware of so many overwhelming concerns.  Really.  I don't find insinuations that I (and others) are frivolous, mindless twits for commenting on this matter very friendly and productive.

Have a great day, all.