Esteemed Contributor

Re: Why doesn't QVC Ship Items together

I almost always get a bunch of items in a single box when I shop during free shipping events. I've had kitchen gadgets, storage bins, clothing, home decor, and more all arrive in the same box. Since nothing was really breakable and there was some padding, it worked great for me, and there surprisingly didn't seem to be a delay in gathering all those items for the single shipment. But like others here, I've also had times when I've ordered the same top in multiple colors and received three different packages from three sites around the country. I'm sure QVC's logistics are really fun to manage...

Respected Contributor

I ordered 10 home clearance items from HSN and they all came in one big box all boxed separately. Love it although it's lots of boxes to break down.

Esteemed Contributor

@on the bay I often get a box with multiple items in it and they charge shipping for each and every item. And, of course, if you have to return something, you get to pay the return shipping too.  What a racket.

Personally I'm all for them shipping items together to save on boxes. I remember a few years ago getting some BL battery operated lights. I ordered multiples and they shipped each one in a separate box. I was floored.

Last week I had ordered the stud earring sets (two different colors) that Heidi Daus had on HSN. They shipped these 2 small boxes in a VERY large box. When it arrived, I thought what the heck did I order? LOL BTW I like the look of the earrings. They are a sizeable stud - more like a button earring but not button shaped.  I have to try them on to be sure they will be right on my ear. If I do have to return them, I will find a smaller box!

Valued Contributor

But you all have to remember, it's not just shipping you are paying for, it's the "handling" of that shipment (someone has to get it off the shelf and then someone else has to put it in the box, and then sometimes there is a third person who is supposed to check what is in the box then tape it up or close up the plastic bag.

Super Contributor

QVC does combine items, I have received several all in one

box or bag  and they still charge S & H for each item.....

Frequent Contributor

@cjm61 

If you would have read correctly what I said, I said I realize items are coming from different states so YES I know they would not be shipped together, HOWEVER items coming from the same location should be.

Trusted Contributor

I just received two orders shipped in the same box (not for the first time). When I saw the huge package on my porch I thought "what in the world did I order?".