Occasional Contributor

I just can't be the only person on the planet who doesn't want to use Facebook, but for some time now the ONLY way to contact a specific hostt is to go to their Facebook page.  There is no way to send an email directly to the host anymore.  Know this isn't a new policy, just that I am fed up with Facebook controlling everything we do.  Sending an email suggestion to QVC does not work.  If they were getting too many direct emails-----well isn't that just too bad.  Part of the job and just means that lots of people  are watching them.

Respected Contributor

You are not alone:  never been on Facebook and never will.  The only place I post is here:  it may be a smaller audience but it is one I prefer, esp. now that QVC monitors the boards and takes out offensive and mean-spirited posts.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

LOL, well I have a facebook page, but I almost never go there.

I can't really think of a single reason I'd want to contact any host facebook or anywhere else.  They're just salesman selling me stuff.   Kind of like actors, I wouldn't cross the street to meet my favorite actors.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Trusted Contributor

Why not Facebook?

Facebook is not controllig eveything we do, and sometimes I feel that this is simply the case of not wanting to adapt to change.

There were very similar comments by people years ago claiming they would never use e-mail or computes or cell phones.  Times change.

As far as Facebook goes, it is what you make of it.  You can create a profile with limited information if you desire. You do not hae to have friends on Facebook if you do not wish.

Quite frankly, ,I cannot imagine there being a pressing need to contact a shopping channel host, but if it is that important to you, create a profile.

Super Contributor

I agree. I am a private person and don't see the need to spread my personal information all over the internet. I tried Facebook for a week and found that I didn't like it. My daughter is on it all of the time and I think she shares entirely too much with others. To each her own..............

Honored Contributor

I think limiting contact with the hosts to one venue does at least two things.  It makes it more expedient for that host or assistant to read and organize what needs responses and, more important, it limits stalkers to one venue.

I don't Facebook although I probably should, but only to follow the one family member who has young children and doesn't share into about them except on FB.  Probably sad for all of us, but that has just separated most of the family from her.  I do know the family is essentially happy, healthy and busy, but that's all.

Not much else FB offers entices me at this stage in my life.

Honored Contributor

I am a personality that LOVES change.... I always have and will always embrace it.  I also LOVE real time electronics and why a shopping channel appealed to me so deeply back in the 80's..... and why I'm fascinated about selling on eBay, etc.  

But I abhore Facebook.  I really do.  I will not put any of our information "out there" .... and I know you can lock out looky-loos but the info is still there.  And yes, I am incredibly careful about the info I give to any site.  

I DO have a facebook page but it has nothing on it.  The only reason I have it is so I can go to the FB page that concerns the subdivision we live in, all the info regarding the HOA etc. is there.... we live on 5 acre parcels and it's hard getting the word out to everyone.   I know a lot of people love FB and that's great .....but not me..... Woman Indifferent 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

Years ago a family member who was involved with inernet security advised us to stay off Facebook. We did, and have never felt we missed anything.

I know I have grands who do go there, and honestly wish they didn't.  But I don't intend to get involved, and never will. I don't feel the need to tell anyone what I had for breakfast, show photos of my family or my home, etc. And honestly, if I can't buy something unless I go to Facebook, I just won't own it. 

One thing I bitterly resent, however, is the sales angle some companies employ, saying that this special offer is for Facebook members only, or offering a better price to someone for using Facebook. Offends me and I  close accounts with them for this.

Honored Contributor

I'm curious, would it be possible for you to respond  wiout sounding condescending , or perhaps that is your default attitude ?

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

You can control the information you put on Facebook.  My Facebook page has nothing on it.  It's just a shell.