Respected Contributor

When replying to a thread, I work very hard on my answers.  When the moderators decide to delete a whole thread, couldn't they just delete the offensive posts and leave the others?  I sometimes think about my post answers for a day or two, take notes from the original poster, and carefully edit my replies. 

Suddenly, a whole thread is deleted by the moderator with no reason given.  The deleted thread often includes a lot of good responses from many posters who have put a lot of time and effort into their replies.  Just a thought for the moderators to consider. Thanks!

Valued Contributor

Re: Why Delete a Whole Thread?

Absolutly on point!! 

It is disapointing to see an entire thread gone and not know when it went off track.  If it is poofed due to a few responses, the rest of the posters have wasted their time, or are left to wonder if it may have been their post that was the object of rejection.

Respected Contributor

Yes!!!  Great point. Just delete the posts that are against standards. Granted, at some point that might be one of my posts reported and deleted,but  I'm okay with it.  

Honored Contributor

Sometimes the whole thread is in poor taste. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

I suppose if the original post was against community standards, everything including responses is also deleted.

Respected Contributor

Hello, fortune. Smiley Happy

I think one of the QVC moderators once said that sometimes they do just delete the rude posts and they will sometimes even lock the thread temporarily, delete the rude posts, then open the thread up again.

But then they said that isn't always possible to go through every single post on every single thread because there's just too many threads to watch....or somethine like that.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Last week someone posted about grammar/spelling, which seems innocent enough.

But with each post the op became more agitated. I wondered how long the moderators would let it go.  I went out for an hour and came back to find it gone.  It was a relief to see the whole thing gone because a seemingly easy topic had become so upsetting to the op.  My point - sometimes the thread goes so awry that it all has to be deleted.

Respected Contributor

Why should they have to clean up a thread and babysit it? After so many post deletes and people keep ignoring them or calling them out it's time to lock or delete.   I have no idea why one is chosen over the other.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

The moderators allow trolls to bully good people and pollute civil discussions.  When another contributor calls out the offending one for bad behavior, the moderators delete the post from the contributor who calls out the caustic one, and the caustic ones' comments remain.  The system in place on these forums is meant to protect these foul individuals who derail conversations and to punish those who put these jerks in their place.  It is institutional bullying.  Whoever is in charge needs to clean house, and rewrite the rules.  

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because of baiting