Honored Contributor

Instead of all these "easy pays" to promote the QVC credit card, I suggest the following:

1.  All Denim & Co. prices be reduced $10-$15.

2.  All SG and LG prices be reduced $15-$20.

3.  Forget easy pays on anything less than $75.  Our credit cards still charge us finance charges whether QVC does or not.  It's not a real savings.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Esteemed Contributor

That makes no sense.  Easy-Pay is available to you whether you have a Q card or not.  Cost of manufacturing is expensive.  I find the Q's prices very reasonable & fair.

Honored Contributor

@LilacTreeI don't truly care about EZPay although I do use it whenever it's offered, BUT I've never been charged interest on my credit card - never --and I've used several with QVC, 2 within the last couple of months.  I never charge more than I can pay off when my bill arrives - I keep all my QVC charges separate from the card where I'd charge a huge hospital or car emergency, but, no, I'm never paying interest becasue of EZP.  If the Q card doers that, it's just one more reason I'll never have one.

As for your pricing suggestions - we'd probably all love those lower prices, but if it means my favorite products from Susan Graver look like what I can buy locally for 10 or 15 less, I'm out.   All poly, all silk, all cotton all anything is just not the same. 

Most of my clothing does not come from QVC, but I have liked the pieces I've purchased and on a cost per wearing, the SG I've purchased has turned out to be less expensive than buying cheaper elsewhere.  I think the sell-outs for Graver prove that I'm not alone.  (Not much Denim & Co. history here, so no comments from me about that line.). 

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@LilacTreeI don't truly care about EZPay although I do use it whenever it's offered, BUT I've never been charged interest on my credit card - never --and I've used several with QVC, 2 within the last couple of months.  I never charge more than I can pay off when my bill arrives - I keep all my QVC charges separate from the card where I'd charge a huge hospital or car emergency, but, no, I'm never paying interest becasue of EZP.  If the Q card doers that, it's just one more reason I'll never have one.

As for your pricing suggestions - we'd probably all love those lower prices, but if it means my favorite products from Susan Graver look like what I can buy locally for 10 or 15 less, I'm out.   All poly, all silk, all cotton all anything is just not the same. 

Most of my clothing does not come from QVC, but I have liked the pieces I've purchased and on a cost per wearing, the SG I've purchased has turned out to be less expensive than buying cheaper elsewhere.  I think the sell-outs for Graver prove that I'm not alone.  (Not much Denim & Co. history here, so no comments from me about that line.). 

Unfortunately, I can't pay off my balances every month, so I pay finance charges on everything I purchase from anywhere.  I make large payments, but finance charges still apply.  You are fortunate to be able to avoid that.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

That makes no sense.  Easy-Pay is available to you whether you have a Q card or not.  Cost of manufacturing is expensive.  I find the Q's prices very reasonable & fair.

They used to be, but no longer are.  $50-$60 for a tunic top is not reasonable to me.  If it is to you, then go for it.

Formerly Ford1224
Valued Contributor

I agree that QVC's prices on many of their clothing items are around 25% higher than they should be, considering the economies of scale on the quantities they have manufactured and sell.  The items are probably made for less than 1/4 of their selling price.  We are paying for Q's overhead - massive office space, sets and warehouses, advertising & promos,  salaries & bonuses of staff, sales, and vendors, etc., etc. 

Honored Contributor

@LilacTreeFord-  I am lucky.  I've been healthy for the first 15 years of my retirement  and not had the large medical issues I've seen you have.  That makes a huge difference.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@LilacTreeFord-  I am lucky.  I've been healthy for the first 15 years of my retirement  and not had the large medical issues I've seen you have.  That makes a huge difference.

True it does.  I retired at 66 and came down with RA (which started it all) six months later.  I didn't start collecting LTC benefits until five years after that.  And I had been a self supporter for 35 years prior to that.  Toward the end of my career I made good money, but prior to that it was a secretary's salary and I supported myself and four children on that for a long time.  Not whining, I was too busy to bemoan my fate, I just hunkered down, worked hard, and got through it paycheck to paycheck.  When things started to get easier financially, I got sick.  So there ya go.

Thanks for understanding.

Formerly Ford1224
Honored Contributor

@Stevie Nix wrote:

I agree that QVC's prices on many of their clothing items are around 25% higher than they should be, considering the economies of scale on the quantities they have manufactured and sell.  The items are probably made for less than 1/4 of their selling price.  We are paying for Q's overhead - massive office space, sets and warehouses, advertising & promos,  salaries & bonuses of staff, sales, and vendors, etc., etc. 

Yep.

Formerly Ford1224
Trusted Contributor

Count me as another one who doesn't think $50 for a polyester top is reasonable. I used to buy a lot of D&Co and SG when they were in the $28 range.  Also used to buy all my shoes from QVC because I wear a wide.  No more. They have priced themselves out of my pocket book.  Can't afford to try the shoes because it costs too much to send them back when I order the same size as always and they Should fit, but don't.  Saving my shopping money for local stores now and on the internet for free shipping and returns on shoes.