Honored Contributor

Re: What about '''bootcut jeans?""

I wear only straight leg or tapered jeans.  Do not like boot cut, especially when they are dragging on the floor.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

I won't pay that much for a pair of jeans. I don't worry about brands, I worry about look and price. (Gili)

Esteemed Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Bootcut is still "in" it has just gets modified/updated in terms of the leg opening and the where it falls on the waist.

For those of us with hips, bootcut is a much more flattering silhouette.

------------

Exactly!!  There is nothing more ridiculous looking than a person with hips (I am definitely one) wearing slender, tight bottoms.  Talk about the ice cream cone look - just accentuates the bottom half of a person!!  I always wear boot cut, but not the flared out, really wide boot cut bottom!!

Honored Contributor

@corita wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Bootcut is still "in" it has just gets modified/updated in terms of the leg opening and the where it falls on the waist.

------------

Exactly!!  There is nothing more ridiculous looking than a person with hips (I am definitely one) wearing slender, tight bottoms.  Talk about the ice cream cone look - just accentuates the bottom half of a person!!  I always wear boot cut, but not the flared out, really wide boot cut bottom!!

@corita  Great visual and SO TRUE!

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@VaBelle35 wrote:

@corita wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

------------

----------------------------

@VaBelle35

Thanks... but I cannot claim that "verbal visual" as my own.  The first time I heard that saying was years ago on QVC by a vendor who sold leather jackets.  That visual always stayed with me!  Really good looking guy..I think named Bradley Bayou, or something close to that name.  All the females in my family have hips.  My mother used to say "good hips help easy birthing"!! Ha...I had 3 C sections LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

@corita wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

@corita wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

------------

----------------------------

@VaBelle35

Thanks... but I cannot claim that "verbal visual" as my own.  The first time I heard that saying was years ago on QVC by a vendor who sold leather jackets.  That visual always stayed with me!  Really good looking guy..I think named Bradley Bayou, or something close to that name.  All the females in my family have hips.  My mother used to say "good hips help easy birthing"!! Ha...I had 3 C sections LOL!!!

Ha!  I had not heard that one. 

Bradley Bayou is great.  Love his jackets.  I miss his stuff.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN