Contributor

QVC-I wish you'd be more honest with your pricing.  For instance, yesterday's TSV.  I bought a twin set of Berkshire sheets at $33.  Your on-air/on-line graphics showed the QVC regular price of $39.  So, you want viewers to think they're saving $6 (which isn't even so great for a TSV price but that's another topic).  The day after the TSV, you're selling the twin set at the 'featured price' of $36.  So, I really only saved $3.  I just find it is very misleading and you consistently do this with every TSV.  I'm a huge fan of the Q and I do spend a lot of money on Q items. However, this has always been a major problem for me.  It might not seem like a big deal but I think it's dishonest and misleading. And, it's not like the item is sold at the featured price for just a short time.  It remains that price for a very long time.  I like the other shopping channel as much as I like QVC and one thing I like better about them is that they don't have these pricing shenanigans.  I love you, Q, but the pricing game really bothers me and I wish you'd change these practices.  

Honored Contributor

Live & learn

I don't fall for the TSV hype anymore for the reason you mention.

@QueenofTheQ wrote:

QVC-I wish you'd be more honest with your pricing.  For instance, yesterday's TSV.  I bought a twin set of Berkshire sheets at $33.  Your on-air/on-line graphics showed the QVC regular price of $39.  So, you want viewers to think they're saving $6 (which isn't even so great for a TSV price but that's another topic).  The day after the TSV, you're selling the twin set at the 'featured price' of $36.  So, I really only saved $3.  I just find it is very misleading and you consistently do this with every TSV.  I'm a huge fan of the Q and I do spend a lot of money on Q items. However, this has always been a major problem for me.  It might not seem like a big deal but I think it's dishonest and misleading. And, it's not like the item is sold at the featured price for just a short time.  It remains that price for a very long time.  I like the other shopping channel as much as I like QVC and one thing I like better about them is that they don't have these pricing shenanigans.  I love you, Q, but the pricing game really bothers me and I wish you'd change these practices.  

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

Live & learn

I don't fall for the TSV hype anymore for the reason you mention.

Neither do I.  But it undermines their credibility.  If they lie and/or exaggerate about the price, there's probably more that's not exactly true.  Rather like a used car salesman.

Super Contributor

What credibility?

Honored Contributor

I wish all retailers would be more honest with their pricing, not just QVC.

However, since I don't expect that to happen any day soon, I count on my own sense of value - not theirs.  I don't care how much I "save" --  I concentrate on how much I have to spend to get what I want.

Honored Contributor

Maybe I'm just not understanding the OP's rant, but where is the misleading and dishonest part?  The TSV was and still is a lower price than the price today, the featured price. You saved $3 compared to today's price. Granted, the amount is minimal, but it is a savings by definition, nonetheless. 

Misleading & dishonest would be if today's featured price is lower than the TSV, but that is not the case.  Even if the price goes lower, say two weeks from now, you can always call to get the savings difference. 

I'd definitely Iike a bigger savings on TSVs, just like the next person, but dishonest?  

Honored Contributor

I'm not sure I'm understanding the rant either.  TSVs often are not priced at a huge savings.  I buy when they offer different colors or extra pieces and because I found the price fair.  If you are looking for true bargains, TSVs rarely fall into that category.

Honored Contributor

Ad what's really sad is the not so savvy shopper who first checks other B&M or online sites for yet a better price potentially with no s/h charges.

Contributor

Re: My Annual Rant

[ Edited ]

My rant is really pretty easy to understand.  All I'm saying is that on the day of the TSV, they should let you know exactly how much you're saving.  Not deceive by making you think you're saving $6 bucks when they know darned well,you're only saving $3.  Like I said, it's not a big deal and I bought 4 sets of the sheets as gifts so it didn't deter me from buying.  I will always feel this is dishonest on their part.  Yeah, I still saved $3 bucks.  But, why tell me I'm saving $6 when they know it isn't true? It's pricing shenanigans and nothing will change my mind about that.  Like I said, it's my annual rant and it makes me feel better to say it out loud.  I still buy, but what they do is dishonest in my opinion.  I'm not ranting over whether TSVs are a good deal or not.  I buy lots and lots from QVC and love QVC.  I'm strictly talking about the sneakiness of how they show what you are saving on TSV day when it really isn't so.    

Honored Contributor

I agree the savings isn't enough to get excited about or call it a special value but people bought plenty anyhow....so what does that say?i used to wait up for the special values but now half the time I don't even check to see what is offered.