New Contributor

Watch pricing differences between HSN and QVC on same items

If you are purchasing an item from QVC and you know it is also sold on HSN,  check the price on HSN before purchasing from QVC.  I just noticed this because I purchased Tweak-d's duo face and body cream for $29 plus shipping from QVC and was looking on HSN and they have same item for $23 with free shipping. That is a big difference on one order.  Too late to cancel QVC order.  Can't wait to see QVC's pricing on Beekman items when they premier.  How disappointing.

Honored Contributor

Re: Watch pricing differences between HSN and QVC on same items

You have to watch that on items being sold on Ebay also.

They have sellers that are Prime members with Amazon so they list products Amazon sells. When someone makes a purchase on Ebay the seller orders it from Amazon to ship to you since they get free shipping with their Prime account. The price is always more than what you could purchase the item for yourself from Amazon.

Any time I buy something I search for the best price online before deciding where I'm going to buy it.

Valued Contributor

I don't shop HSN...and I only occasional buy jewelry from QVC....but the price differences would drive me crazy!  I have a hard enough time trying to get the best price on the item I want from QVC!  Clearance?  Lunch time specials?  "As Is"?  Primetime specials?  One Day only? Etc, etc,...!

Esteemed Contributor

@Goods wrote:

If you are purchasing an item from QVC and you know it is also sold on HSN,  check the price on HSN before purchasing from QVC.  I just noticed this because I purchased Tweak-d's duo face and body cream for $29 plus shipping from QVC and was looking on HSN and they have same item for $23 with free shipping. That is a big difference on one order.  Too late to cancel QVC order.  Can't wait to see QVC's pricing on Beekman items when they premier.  How disappointing.

In other words, "Shop around before you buy".

Valued Contributor

Qvc has always been more expensive.That is why I was very sad about the merger.Now Hsn prices have gone up.

I ordered many Tweak-ed items from Hsn and only the steal from Qvc.

I am purchasing tons of Beekman and Tweak-d now.They might sell their companies and the quality won't be the same.

I used to order Smashbox,Mally,Tarte and Ojon before they sold their brands.

Honored Contributor

Eons ago I bought a tee shirt from HSN. It was a piece of trash. It wasn't even decent enough to donate.

I watched HSN a bit after that and have never gone back. I don't miss it.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Goods wrote:

QVC's change to severely limit the ability to cancel orders, after allowing cancellations days later is exploitative of its customers who hve been purchasing for years. qvc should have a warning before finalizing the purchase that explicitly states that you will not be ble to cancel the purchase once you click, or how long is it you have to cancel.  I thought you could cancel until shipment.  HSN has (unless it's changed) a poilicy that one can cancel until midnight.  i remember it used to be far more restructive than qvc. now qvc is maddeningly restrictive and unpredictable.  i am writing this to help remind me to be more reticent in placing orders.  the cost of returning to qvc is so high, it is prohibitive.

Esteemed Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

...Any time I buy something I search for the best price online before deciding where I'm going to buy it.

If I do this with every purchse I would spend my entire day shopping.  it would be good to have a place we could rely on for fair pricing.  no more i guess.  I'll shop less.

Esteemed Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

Eons ago I bought a tee shirt from HSN. It was a piece of trash. It wasn't even decent enough to donate.

I watched HSN a bit after that and have never gone back. I don't miss it.

I don't know why anyone would buy t-shirts on hsn.  they do have some good items.  Beutiful Mine Finds and other jewely lines.  the best prices on pearls, with beutiful lustre that leave Honora in the dust.  The DG2 jeans used to be great.  they changed the formula and ruined them.  Iman fshions were pretty good (great pants), Hot in Hollywood, Terry ....  Many of their household lines were good: origami, mangano...  Signature Club A is  good affordable beauty line.

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe The reason I bought it, since you wondered, was that it was a cute tie dyed shirt that reminded me of those I wore as a teen in the 60's!! It was cute on TV but the fabric was total garbage.