Esteemed Contributor

Maybe you could post a 'Banner' or something on the first pages of the Forum stating that the messages do not go directly to the hosts and QVC management!

Honored Contributor

I agree.  Yet I'm always surprised when posters address posts here directly to a host (usually as to what they are wearing).  I never would have thought that the hosts ever read the forums.  I guess others assume they do.

Trusted Contributor

@Zhills   OMG..I was thinking the same thing this morning.  The first post I saw was asking what someone was wearing. Frankly I'm tired of seeing them.

Respected Contributor

ditto to all the above. you mean the hosts don't have the time to be on here monitoring if anyone has a question for them?? or that would be their assistants job. 

Honored Contributor

@kittyloo wrote:

ditto to all the above. you mean the hosts don't have the time to be on here monitoring if anyone has a question for them?? or that would be their assistants job. 

@kittyloo   The hosts are not permitted to post on these boards.  If they have assistants they don't reply here either.  Viewers are supposed to contact them on their Facebook page.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

Re: New Banner for Forum

[ Edited ]

@Alice-QVC @Melvin-QVC @Susan-QVC @Beth-QVC
this is a great idea!.........
@Zhills wrote:

Maybe you could post a 'Banner' or something on the first pages of the Forum stating that the messages do not go directly to the hosts and QVC management!

although maybe they do read & of course, we know..... they cannot reply 

Honored Contributor

@Zhills SING, IT, SISTER!!

I so agree! And I'd bet money that when a poster is told to communicate by FB, that advice is ignored! Anybody wanna bet? LOL

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Zhills SING, IT, SISTER!!

I so agree! And I'd bet money that when a poster is told to communicate by FB, that advice is ignored! Anybody wanna bet? LOL

I don't get why people are so fascinated and in desperate need to know this information.  Do they have no style of their own that they have to be a cut-out version of someone else?  Just go shopping already. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't see a need for a banner.  It's common sense that execs and hosts don't read or respond to forum posts.  I know, common sense isn't so common.  But if you're adult enough to post here, you're adult enough to know this.  If you don't, then it's on you.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

In theory, I think such a banner/statement would be useful, but it's unlikely that people who've never visited the forums before would pay attention to it. There's a lot to take in already, and it seems that "first timers" typically don't bother to read any of the "Welcome Get Started" information before posting. However, that said, this could be a good topic to add in that section with links to the hosts' Facebook pages; that way, instead of just replying to messages intended for hosts with a "hosts don't respond in the forums" comment, a more helpful link to the thread with the Facebook details could be provided.

(I also find it highly unlikely that format changes can be applied to this clunky old site.)