Valued Contributor
A couple of days ago I ordered Bixby's frog enhancer, in Peridot, and it's on waitlist. My question is, have the buyers reordered the item and hoping it will be back in stock or is it a situation where it's never coming back? I really would like this little guy, but if my first choice is never to return, I'll buy it in my second pick. Thanks in advance for any information that can be provided.
Respected Contributor

My understanding is waitlist is usually filled with returned items.

If item is on clearance it will not be returning.

If more items were definitely on order they often give a future fill date.

If you have your heart set on item maybe stay on waitlist, and order your second choice, if you can afford to do so. You , of course will incur s&h fees.

Honored Contributor

I agree with @IMW

Usually 'waitlist' means waiting for a return, while 'backorder' means more stock has been ordered, but not received yet.

I've read Mods say that 'backorder' orders are filled before 'waitlist' orders.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I don't know about the "waitlist means returned item"; if this is the case, then there are people REALLY adapt at wrapping, sealing and making an item become new again. Do I think some items may be? Yes. But so are items you purchase at department stores (especially shoes).

I rarely see items on backorder but always see them on waitlist. ALWAYS.

Valued Contributor
Thank you all for your responses. I think I'll give the waotlist another 2-3 weeks and if the status doesn't change I'll go with my second choice. Thanks again!
Honored Contributor

I have am item on waitlist now.  Q sold out and, as all businesses, assumes a certain percentage will be returned.  I don't have an expectation of it not being a return.