Trusted Contributor

I always look at the video when considering a purchase.  However, videos frequently seem to be the most recent presentation of an item, & often, some colors have sold out.  However, some of those could have popped back in, & are available or on WL.  I may want to see those colors, so why not show a video with all the choices?  It's easy enough to tell from the swatches what is available or not.

Honored Contributor

@Magny wrote:

I always look at the video when considering a purchase.  However, videos frequently seem to be the most recent presentation of an item, & often, some colors have sold out.  However, some of those could have popped back in, & are available or on WL.  I may want to see those colors, so why not show a video with all the choices?  It's easy enough to tell from the swatches what is available or not.

Because, as you say, colors pop back in, sometimes going in and out of stock over several hours. I've seen colors on many items pop in and out over a period of hours because people put them in their carts and don't check out, so they become available again an hour later.

It's simply not practical to update the video every time a color comes back into stock.

Trusted Contributor

My point is that it shouldn't be updated, but the original one could be shown, not the one from the most recent show.

Honored Contributor

@Magny

I agree with you totally. I think especially when something is the TSV, they need to leave the midnight on air presentation up. That one usually goes into so much more detail about the product, answers more questions, and is much more comprehensive in general.

I too, wish they'd stop updating the videos as I want to see all of a products colors/styles/choices etc. that were available. I may consider waiting for restock if I like some things that were there originally. 

I personally think Q does this for a couple of reasons. First, the hosts contracts might dictate that they get so much online video time. 

Second, I think they don't want us to know when half of the choices are gone, because we may look at the product and decide that we don't really like the choices that are still available, if we see all the original choices, and might not buy. If we are only shown what is available at the time, we are maybe more likely to just chose one and hit submit.

Trusted Contributor
  • Mominohio, you could very well be right about not wanting to introduce defunct colors into the picture. Thanks.