Esteemed Contributor

Re: Usps shipping

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltree wrote:

Please, please, please QVC; bring back the Usps option for delivery.  I always chose that option because as a person who works and isn't home during the day, it is the safest most secure and most dependable form of delivery for me.  I cannot be the only one.  UPS doesn't work for all of us, especially those of us who live in multi unit apartment or condo buildings.  While I love the $3 shipping, shipping charges were never a big deal for me.  I would gladly pay Usps charges to get the items I want.  I'm not looking for any type of break.  I just want to be able to choose the option that works best for me and I am willing to pay for it.   

You should call QVC and ask about the extra shipping options. They may send packages out  USPS when you pay the extra fee for faster delivery.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I continue to be confused by ANY shipping method used by QVC.  You check to see if your package has shipped - oh great, I see it is on the way by UPS.

All of a sudden, that UPS turns into USPS.  There in lies the problem.  I DO NOT get this.  Apparently UPS has some sort of relationship with USPS.  WHY?  I go to any one of a local post office to drop mail off and frequently see UPS trucks either unloading or loading up their trucks.  It's the UNloading of UPS packages that I don't understand.

Just yesterday I received a Q package that started out UPS that quickly turned in USPS.  My mailman delivered it yesterday and GUESS WHAT???  I am SO DISGRUNTLED because my package WAS CLEARLY OPENED AND TAPED CLOSED BY USPS before it got to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It was taped closed with that packing tape that I buy at my local post office - I recognized it the minute I pulled my package out of my mailbox.  It was taped closed JUST LIKE I DO WHEN I SEND SOMETHING  BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS ISN'T THE FIRST TIME THIS HAS HAPPENED EITHER.  I AM SO TIRED OF GETTING MY PACKAGES FROM WHAT STARTS OUT AS UPS AND ENDS UP USPS AND HAS BEEN OPENED OR RE-PACKAGED. 

CAN SOMEONE AT QVC TELL ME WHY THIS HAPPENS AND THINKS THIS PRACTICE IS OKAY??????  I THOUGHT IT WAS ILLEGAL TO OPEN SOMEONE ELSE'S MAIL.

WHAT THE HECK IS THIS ALL ABOUT????  THIS CLEARLY NEEDS TO STOP!!!

Respected Contributor

Where I live UPS is the best . There is a regular driver (except when on vacation) He puts the package where it cannot be seen from the street and he is right on time for the time frame the online info gives. I find tracking with UPS very reliable.

USPS in my location is very iffy . I can not track it until the day of delivery usually, sometimes they change delivery and I am only a few blocks from the post office, I even had one carrier leave my 'rural' type box opened with a package propped on the box door on the street side!  I find Fedex just as unreliable as the post office- one delivery man was just about to pitch a box on the porch from the driveway side when I opened the door he brought it through the gate.

Super Contributor

PinkDogwood, I have the same problem.  I don't know why it happens.  But I dread when UPS tracking turns to SurePost and regular mail.  If it is my regular UPS guy I get a notification that he has taken it back from the Post Office and it will be delivered UPS.

Respected Contributor

@MadameQueen wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

Similarly, I would really, really like to have the option to select UPS. USPS is much slower and less reliable where I live. I wouldn't mind paying more--if necessary--for UPS.

What ARE you talking about?????   Everything is already delivered by UPS. 

No.  Since the shipping price change everything I have order has come by USPS.  No matter what size.  I wish I could choose UPS>

Really???   Well, now I'm just mad!  And confused.  Since the $3 shipping began, everything I order comes via UPS, even a pair of earrings I ordered came via UPS. 

Occasional Contributor

I live in a very small town where some of us live too close to the post office for delivery. We are required to get a PO Box and pick up our mail at the post office, as they will not come to our house to deliver. UPS delivers QVC packages to the post office, assuming that the post office will then bring them to my house... The service is called SurePost.

So, for me, I would also like the option back to choose UPS because that is the only way UPS will bring it directly to me. I love where I live, but it has always been frustrating trying to explain that my physical address and my mailing address are very different.

New Contributor

It used to be UPS all the time, my last three orders are 'sure post' - start out as UPS, end up with the post office delivering and adding about 3 extra days - hate it!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PINKdogWOOD,  Your package may hàve been damaged or shipped unsealed and the PO was just trying to hold it intact for delivery.  I've gotten packages that weren't sealed.  If you have a complaint, you need to direct it to your post master, not QVC (they didn't open your pkg).

The UPS/USPS shipping arrangement is one option that shippers have which saves them a few pennies.  There is a similar arrangement with FedEx/USPS.  It seems to use several names but SurePost is the one I see most often.  They use it because it's cheaper.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I blame both QVC because this is where my packages originate from.  ANd I blame both UPS and USPS for the condition that my packages arrive in to me.  Does NO ONE care about anything anymore?  It seems more and more no one takes pride in anything they do.  If QVC cannot assure me that my packages are going to arrive in any kind of decent shape, then why am I paying the shipping AND handling charges that are passed onto me. 

QVC now spouts about them lessening shipping AND handling costs to me the consumer from whatever any item may have been to a lot of them costing either $3.00 or $5.00 and they think I'm now getting a great deal.  Does this mean they now don't care about how my packages come to me nor in what condition?  Does this mean I am no longer paying for decent handling charges?  And what about insurance? 

QVC tells me that I still have to pay $6.95 to get an item back to them if I don't LOVE it.  They tell me I HAVE to insure my package back to them even if I don't use their prepaid label.  Why then would they not be concerned how they send me any given item. 

I am complaining to the shipper - QVC AND I'm complaining to UPS AND to USPS for how they handle my packages.  I'm tired of getting items that look like they've been run over by a mack truck AND dragged behind it because THIS is exactly how what they look like when they reach their destination.

I order many items from many other sites and NEVER have these problems.

NEVER.

EVER.

You said it all in one sentence - they use it because it's CHEAPER and it certainly reflects just that.

Contributor

I read this thread several days ago and didn't have much to add. But that has changed. I live in West Chester PA and most of my packages are (or were) shipped by UPS. The Q warehouse for fashion items is located about 50 miles away. I almost always got my packages within 2 days of being shipped. NOW I see my recent orders since the weekend have been shipped by FedEx SmartPost, which means FedEx will deliver the package to the post office who will then deliver to me. I am not happy about that. Our postal delivery in this area is very slow. I don't fault the postal workers as the PO has cut back on employees and trucks due to their financial difficulties. The packages I expected yesterday will not be delivered until tomorrow at the earliest. Ugh.