Honored Contributor

@pbkong  I saw that presentation.  I was indeed cringe-worthy. I wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt and think, since there was no vendor for it in the show, just the two hosts, that it may have been a last minute addition to the show.  Probably not though.

Surprised that neither host took a look at the graphic animal Ox on the coffeemaker.  Also, since it's called the Coffeeboxx, (and not Coffee b-o-x-x) they had two pretty strong clues. 

Esteemed Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

I think these hosts are under such pressure to sell on TV that it has turned into a free for all. I read somewhere on these boards where the Q's TV sales are low, do they really need all these channels if that's the case. As far as Alberti, he's just being himself IMO, unfortunately I have to mute him or change the channel. Customers should not have to change the channel or mute a host.
-----------------

Have to say,  I enjoy Alberti's decor shows.  But will not watch him on food shows.  And that includes Rachel too.  Too much eating, too much giggling and too much interrupting. Neither one should ever be presenting food....

Trusted Contributor

Jane T. was presenting (2) Candle Impression lanterns in one of her "Jane's Favorite Gifts" and when the vendor mentioned they could be used outdoors Jane commented that she did not know that and that she needed four (4) sets. Went on through the whole presentation that she had been looking for that type of lantern for outside and couldn't find any. Then went on repeatedly that she needed four (4) sets. If they were a "favorite" of hers you would have thought she would know all about the product.

Trusted Contributor

Question phulphy ........ If Alberti "turns you off" what does David do? He gasp, rolls his eyes and ...... wait ...... HAPPY DANCE!!!I

Honored Contributor

Re: Train hosts

[ Edited ]

@Grace6663582 wrote:
The hosts are paid by the Q they are selling , not working for you. If you dnt like the presentation buy online. Why cost a person their job .

@Grace6663582 

In a way the hosts are working for us because we are the prospective buyers and QVC is in business to SELL PRODUCTS so we rely on the hosts to give us product information so the host can make a possible sale!

Do you really think they are going to fire someone for a comment on a forum?????.... People posting in the SUGGESTION BOX are just asking for more training so a viewer has good information in order to decide whether to purchase a product or not....That is the hosts job!!!!  They say on air they attend meetings to learn whats in the show and then have meetings with their production team.....  Some hosts arent paying attention and doing their homework in these meetings...I dont think that is too much to ask of a QVC host...And QVC's revenues and sales are declining so the host need to do their job at the best of their ability....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Occasional Visitor

Please get rid of the up talking croaky sounding Valley girls on this show. I know you want to add younger hosts, but not all millenials sound so irritating. I have to mute the tv or move on to another channel. Just saying.....