QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is unkind to our hosts

Esteemed Contributor

@kelsey17 wrote:

I would hope they would teach them to give ALL important info about the products, sizes, colors, measurements, etc.

and also teach the producers/directors on the other ends of those ear pieces to "control" the presentation and stick to the attention being on the product and less about the host looking at themselves in the monitor....
-----------------

And please...less talking over each other from the vendor and host and less boring, unnecessary family stories from the hosts!!!  These behaviors do nothing to sell the item!!!

Valued Contributor

I've suggested this before, and here's another chance to say my peace: I'd LOVE to see a host who is more like me - I want to be trendy, fashionable, know all things beauty, cook nice meals, entertain friends and family, etc. I don't identify with a host who doesn't share the same lifestyle that I do, regardless of his or her age. Give me someone who isn't a size 00 as a host! 

Regular Contributor

I feel  that way about some of the "designers" if they designed the clothes, why do they act so surprised at some items?  

Valued Contributor

@Ketra wrote:

No offense, but I don’t think the powers that be at QVC are the best at picking the most qualified individuals from the  show host applicants. I would think the first requirement would be an excellent grasp of the English language. I guess I’m wrong about that. 

Unfortunately, in the world we live in today I think the first requirement is looks. I don't know all the new hosts, but when was the last time they hired a new host over 40? 

Valued Contributor

Sandra was on with Susan Graver.   There was so much talking! 

They were have a race to see who could say the most words.

Really gave me a headache.

Finally got smart and changed the channel.

Esteemed Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

And if they are insisting on having the hosts model the clothes, why bother with the models?  The host should be concentrating on providing pertinent information to the potential consumers!   One host recently suggested that she needed a dressing room right on the stage so she could change into each item being presented!  What a waste of time, from a consumer point of view!

It's not just clothing.  The other night a host demonstrated a flat iron on poor AN's hair and it looked awfu.  AN looked miserable.  Same with makeup, hairdryers etc while the expert vendor just stands there.  

Honored Contributor

Earlier this morning the host on HSN doing the Skinn show, he was talking about his Eye Product, and how strong it was because it contained Retinol, and how some people may have to start slowly with it, the host who was so busy talking about the price and the savings piped up and said does this contain Retinol Dimitri? I was like OMG! Do they listen to the vendors, or just pipe out questions? It must have been so annoying to Dimitri who was very kind and patient and said yes it does, that is why some will have to start slow.......Unbelievable.........

Trusted Contributor

@countrylady wrote:

Sandra was on with Susan Graver.   There was so much talking! 

They were have a race to see who could say the most words.

Really gave me a headache.

Finally got smart and changed the channel.

@countrylady  I know! It was like who could talk first before the other one interupted. Sandra must have been thinking she’s not going to get the best of me like she did Antonella, I’ll beat her to the punch. It ended up sounding like two fast talking auctioneers talking over one another. Someone needs to calm down!

Valued Contributor

logic will tell you,that if you would train your hosts to be more informed,and more professional,sales would have to increase.I have found ,for myself,that the hosts that tend to want to make the show about themselves,I no linger watch.that goes for the ones that talk much too fast and loud,and do not seem to make the merchandise,the star of the presentation.After all...Isn't that the point of QVC...selling the merchandise.Think about it,I am talking about LOGIC!!!