QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is unkind towards a QVC host

Valued Contributor

Anyone else remember - when a few callers would be mad and complain to the host sometimes very mad.

I remember it happened to Mary Beth and LR.  Poor MBR had a deer in the head;ights expression.  Both calls were cut-off as quick as possible.   That was years and years ago!

Trusted Contributor

I can't stand the phone calls.  I learn absolutely nothing from them and the caller usually prattles on and on and has to be cut short.   I see no useful purpose in continuing this practice.  It seems to alienate rather than attract viewers.  

Respected Contributor

@IamDoodles wrote:

I can't stand the phone calls.  I learn absolutely nothing from them and the caller usually prattles on and on and has to be cut short.   I see no useful purpose in continuing this practice.  It seems to alienate rather than attract viewers.  

Yup!

Honored Contributor

I think I dislike the social media more than the phone calls.  To me it is a waste of time for another host to be on the set doing social media.  I really don't care for the silly questions (what is your favorite pizza, favorite dessert, etc.)  I don't like that for many things now QVC wants you to go to FaceBook, etc. to get info, etc.

Honored Contributor

When a caller says, "I'm so glad to see this XXX on today as I've been wanting to order another one."   Do they not realize they can order anytime an item is in stock?   Calls are mostly a waste of time.  Also the "what is your hubby's name?"  "Say hi to Harry from us here at QVC."

Trusted Contributor

This is crazy because I'm neither the host nor the caller,  but I usually end up feeling sorry for one or the other at the end of a phone call.

Valued Contributor

I cringe and grab the remote every time they say “let’s go to the phones.” It’s not fun listening to people being awkward and always talking about their health problems while the hosts take pity on them. It’s much better to have a social media sidekick who can identify relavant questions about the product which can be answered on air.

Respected Contributor

The phone calls break up the monotony.

IMHO

Respected Contributor

I too find the calls cringeworthy and change the channel. I mostly watch beauty shows, and get tired of the callers that  fall over themselves praising beauty vendor & host for changing their life.