Honored Contributor

I know it's been said before, but I sure wish both channels would get rid of the phone calls.  I'd much rather they show more products if they need to fill time.  I usually switch channels and maybe check back later after I think the call is over.  JMHO.

Respected Contributor

Yes.  What I dislike most about them is that, while they are talking, they only show the host's face instead of what they're sellimg.  Excuse me, but I'd rather get a better look at what I may be buying!

ShopLC does have a better way of getting live customer feedback.  They have a tablet right there with the host(s) where viewers can send emails to them.  They can choose to mention them on air, or not.  If a viewer asks a question, they usually will respond live.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

They're almost always cringe-worthy.  I always change the channel or mute it.

Trusted Contributor

ITA, and they can get loose the tablet too with the constant checking Facebook.

Honored Contributor

I enjoy the phone calls. I learn quite a bit from listening to how others use a product or suggestions they have. I don't find them cringe-worthy at all.

I particularly like it when someone calls in about a product that can be used several different ways, like hair or skin products. I have picked up some good points and have incorporated some of the suggestions in my routine.

I hope QVC continues with the calls. I believe it helps break up the routine of demonstrating a product, giving the price, and how many are left; all of which can get monotonous after a while, particularly on the TSVs when they are an hour-long show.

Respected Contributor

I can’t remember what show it was on but the hosts were asking people to post on Facebook what they’re favorite vegetable is. Who the heck cares. How boring.

Honored Contributor

When someone phones in, I immediately change the channel.

Respected Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

When someone phones in, I immediately change the channel.

I hit mute as soon as a call is even hinted at. Bertha's bunion in bodunksville is of no interest.

Honored Contributor

I know this has been discussed to death, but, in my opnion, if they eliminate phone calls, then they might as well go to all pre-recorded programming, like infomercials.

Valued Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

They're almost always cringe-worthy.  I always change the channel or mute it.

It's hilarious when the caller thanks the vendor and QVC for selling the item!