Occasional Contributor

I would like it if Tara would make a smaller mug.  I wanted to get the dinnerware set but I don't want a 14 oz mug.  I already have a set of 4 in 14 oz.  I would very much like a set of 4 mugs in 8 oz and if in the future Tara would consider making a 12 piece dinnerware set with 8 oz mugs.  Thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

Those mugs are huge - filled with liquid the average woman won't be able to

lift it with one hand.  I don't understand some of the stupid not thought-out products. Davi's mug is just as big.

I use a teacup for coffee.

Respected Contributor

Re: Temptations mugs

[ Edited ]

@fthunt wrote:

lift it with one hand.  I don't understand some of the stupid not thought-out products. Davi's mug is just as big.

@fthunt I love the large sized mugs.  I have to have at least a 14 oz mug for my Keurig for the 12 ounce size I always brew.  I think the decision for 14 oz mugs was a good one - not stupid at all.  I really need a 16 oz mug so I'll have enough room for creamer in my coffee.  I am able to lift the cup quite easily with no effort at all and with one hand.

Respected Contributor

@KatieB wrote:

@fthunt wrote:

@fthunt I love the large sized mugs.  I have to have at least a 14 oz mug for my Keurig for the 12 ounce size I always brew.  I think the decision for 14 oz mugs was a good one - not stupid at all.  I really need a 16 oz mug so I'll have enough room for creamer in my coffee.  I am able to lift the cup quite easily with no effort at all and with one hand.

Me too.  I usually only drink one cup in the morning and I like the bigger mug from my Keurig.  If I want a smaller amount at least I can do that also.  Also I have arthritis in my hands and I am able to lift these mugs just fine. But each to her own.

Honored Contributor

@KatieB wrote:

@fthunt wrote:

@KatieB  Ditto for us here. We have both 14 & 16 oz mugs in our home and prefer using the 16 oz. I am currently using the 'Ashville' from Pier One I got a few years ago. For the holidays, my fave mug to use is the 'Christmas Stripes' mug...also from Pier One from about 5 yrs ago Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

@KatieB wrote:

@fthunt wrote:

@KatieB, I could have written this myself! I don't buy anything but the big chunky mugs. I don't care for the small ones at all. I got rid of most of those years ago.

Super Contributor

i love the BIG mugs. i use them for my water and ice. i sip from them all day. when i need a more petite mug to drink my tea,  i use Ree Drummond, Pioneer Woman ones. I love the pretty old fashioned florals she uses. BUT, whenever i've tried to get mugs i like on the Q they have usually sold out. so they must be very popular. 

Super Contributor

I would also like a set of smaller mugs for tea.  A cup of tea is generally 6 oz., so that small amount of liquid gets lost in those huge mugs.  I do own some large mugs but use them for hot chocolate as I'm not a coffee drinker.