Trusted Contributor

More Sleepwear and Loungewear in Cotton, please

[ Edited ]

In years past, the Q offered a wide variety of nightgowns, robes, pjs, etc., especially by Stan Herman and Carole Hochman.  And they were mostly made of cotton.

I am hoping that QVC will bring back this type of merchandise.  None of the other shopping channels offer this type of apparel, either.  And the little they do offer is polyester and rayon.

I would think there would definitely be a market for this, so I really wonder why it isn't being offered.

Trusted Contributor

Re: More Sleepwear and Loungewear in Cotton, please

I'm with you. I hate polyester sleepwear. It's too hot for me.

Trusted Contributor

Rayon is ok, but polyester sleepwear is just plain nasty. It's too hot. I too wish that the Q would have more cotton sleepwear. Cotton sleepwear is getting more and more difficult to find in any store. LL Bean and the Vermont Country Store are the only 2 places that I know of that carry it.

Trusted Contributor

I agree, I prefer  cotton too. Especially in the summer as it is much cooler. 

Esteemed Contributor

I only want cotton sleepwear too.  The only place I can find them is some short nightgowns in Kohls. Pretty basic and not even close to the quality of Eileen West. I have a couple of her gowns and they last for years. DD gave to me as Christmas gifts and I love them.

Respected Contributor

@DottieBlue I only wear cotton sleep wear and remember when Carole Hochman, Jessica McClintoch and Laura Ashley made beautiful cotton pieces. Not finding sets I buy cotton bottoms and wear cotton or cotton modal Eddie Bauer tops in cooler weather, cotton tanks in summer. Not as pretty and fun as pieces in the past but at least they're cotton. 

Trusted Contributor

@DottieBlue wrote:

In years past, the Q offered a wide variety of nightgowns, robes, pjs, etc., especially by Stan Herman and Carole Hochman.  And they were mostly made of cotton.

I am hoping that QVC will bring back this type of merchandise.  None of the other shopping channels offer this type of apparel, either.  And the little they do offer is polyester and rayon.

I would think there would definitely be a market for this, so I really wonder why it isn't being offered.

I agree, with an emphasis on long nightgowns. Not all of us are comfortable in pajamas. I bought a barefoot Dreams caftan last year and it is great to sleep in. I wish they would bring it back in more colors so I could order more.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Do you mean cotton, like t-shirt material?  This the material I like, and if so, yes, it's hard to find.  I refuse to pay $50, $60, and up for a pair of p.j.s also.  I think most synthetic fabrics hold the heat and just don't feel comfortable.  The same with my day clothes.  No thanks!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I agree!  I won't buy any sleepwear that isn't 100% (or close to it) cotton.

Honored Contributor

@RealtyGal2 wrote:

@DottieBlue wrote:

I agree, with an emphasis on long nightgowns. Not all of us are comfortable in pajamas. I bought a barefoot Dreams caftan last year and it is great to sleep in. I wish they would bring it back in more colors so I could order more.Smiley Happy

Lands End offers 100% cotton nightgowns.  They have promos online. But the promo I like is 40% off and free shipping:

Code: Leaves

PIN: 4793

good until Dec 31.