Honored Contributor

If I were guessing -  and I am -  Susan does what she does because it works for her and her business.  You can poo-poo her all you want but she's providing jobs for many and products for hundreds of thousands of women every week.

In a way it's ironic that Susan is the only QVC designer I actually tune in to watch.  Her talk, talk, talk patter is far from my own personality.  Then again, it's all about product - the personality is gone by the time the product arrives in my mailbox.

But in the end -  they all do what works for their personalities and their products -  and unless we know these people personally, we have no idea what they're like when they are not acting.  And, yes. I believe the hosts and vendors who are the best at their jobs are actors aware they are on camera.

Respected Contributor

Susan often admits she is talking too much; I think it is just her personality. Sometimes I see her going on and on and in the next sentence she says sorry to talk so much.  I think if she realizes it she should work on it. 

On another note, the thing that bothers me more than her talking is her saying every other garment being presented is the best ever and would work on every body type.  Last night she presented a cardigan (liquid knit) and she said this would even work if you were petite.  It was covering the rear of the tall models and I could not imagine how it would look right on someone 5'.  She seems to say anything to sell a garment.

Respected Contributor

I sawSusan on with Jayne last week and in one shot Jayne was inadvertently shown in the background looking completely frustrated while standing leaning on the table next to the rack while Susan held forth walking from model to model talking and animated non-stop for the whole hour.  Once Jayne got a word in but she never approached Susan's intermingling with the models seemingly nowing how futile it was to be even in the shot.  In a way, it was kinds of hiliariious seeing the expression on Jayne's face.

Honored Contributor

I just can't ever get over how much energy and zest that Susan has at her age.She is always at full speed day or night.

Respected Contributor

QVC will not do anything to promote a change as long as she keeps selling.  If you really want this to stop, then stop buying. If sales are affected, there will be change - you can count on it.  

Keep buying and she'll continue to be the rudest person on national television.  If they gave an award for this, she'd be a shoo in every year.

Contributor
It's astonishing that QVC set up this suggestion box but seems not to care at all to so many viewers' suggestion on changing SG's rude and disruptive behavior. What is the point? They seem to be monitoring the posts since they take down posts as they please but they can't convey this strong message to the management?
Respected Contributor

Again with the Susan talks too much posts.  That is her personality and it is not going to change.  Personally, I am glad for that - she enjoys her work and it shows.  She wants to point out the details in her products and gets involved in what she is doing.  She is someone I would like to know - happy, upbeat, enthusiatic and enjoys her life.    I would rather hear from the vendor than the host anyway.  The vendors such as Susan are giving us details on the products - the hosts are giving us sales statistics.  How many left, how many sold, last day at featured price.  Who cares.  Go for it Susan, I love your clothes.  My only comment on the presentations is that I would like a quck view of all the colors first

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Susan Graver

[ Edited ]

@kivah wrote:

The way she speaks and interacts with the hosts must be working. She's been on the Q for over 20 years. I enjoy watching and listening to her.

--------------------

Probably what is working are her sales numbers, not her interaction with hosts!!  Years ago. I used to watch her shows and enjoyed them. I own several of her items.     But now I just check in and turn the channel off after a couple of minutes.  Her frantic - almost maniac - behavior is just too much of a turnoff!! 

PS - sorry don't know how this added space happened.... Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

She means well and has alot to say.  I think Pat does the best job with Susan.  I am a fan of liquidknit and have lots.  I don't watch, I shop on-line as it is easier for me but still look at the occasional video.  Some are charming and some are annoying but I still buy and love Susan's clothes.  I do wish she would stop all the keyhole necklines, overkill IMHO.

QVC Customer Care