Super Contributor

This is just a suggestion to QVC and Tracfone. You sell the smartphones, and that's great. However, maybe you can also sell the home phone service? I mean those boxes that you buy to hook up a cordless phone in the house--it would be great if you sold those and a service plan with that. 

While on the subject, maybe you can also sell the mobile hotspot boxes for internet? Just some suggestions. Thanks for listening. 

Esteemed Contributor

Today most people choose smartphones and therefore have no need for the additional expense of a landline, unless required by their home security system.

I "ported" my landline phone number to my cell phone years ago when I ditched that monthly landline bill for I phone I was not using.

Super Contributor

I agree, but this suggestion is mainly for my mother, who is very much "old school". Most of the family has gone to smartphones. My mother, and some of her friends, do not like the smartphones. I know these home base systems exist, and I thought QVC and Tracfone could give a great deal on that. 

As far as the mobile hotspots for internet, I live in an area where there is no interenet. So, I have to have a mobile hotspot that goes through the cell phone towers. I'm sure that there are other people who are in the same situation. I think it would be great for Tracfone to offer this to QVC customers. Just a thought...

Valued Contributor

Re: Suggestion for Tracfone

[ Edited ]

I worked for the phone company,  and providing land lines is a huge capital investment.  They have to drop actual physical lines to the homes.  In fact, given the market  (people are disconnecting them), it is a loss product for the phone companies.    A Smartphone just has to connect using WIFI or a 3rd party Wireless network (like Verizon).    Much cheaper for Tracfone.

Super Contributor

This is not an actual landline. This home station runs off the cell phone towers. However, you connect your home phones to this home station--that runs off the cell phone towers. Thanks for your input anyway. 

Esteemed Contributor

@reviewer from sc wrote:

This is not an actual landline. This home station runs off the cell phone towers. However, you connect your home phones to this home station--that runs off the cell phone towers. Thanks for your input anyway. 

I can see Tracfone entering this market when they can make a profit. The new space will be 5G networks and all the hardware needed to provide service. Today everything about 5G is expensive, but the prices will come down in the future.

Super Contributor

With landlines you always have a phone that works. We have one as well as mom so we can communicate with eaCh other any time whereas our cable lines are out a lot!!! We find them very unreliable for our needs. When connections are down everything is down and you are out of touch.cable to us very unreliable,cannot be counted on. im not that into this cable phone system. They need to do a LOT better and yet their costs are outrageous.