This is primarily for David. We were a 2-person household until my husband passed away. I am now trying to cook for one and I don't need all the huge cookers. What I need is a 2 or 2-1/2 quart digital cooker, easy to clean, one that does not overheat. I found one but got rid of it because the bottom got so hot I was afraid of it. There are many people in my situation, I am not alone, who complain they unable to do the cooking they would like because of the inability to find utensils that work for them. Even a 2-person household would benefit from smaller cookers. I would request one that does not overheat, easy to clean, digital, not extremely heavy. You can probably think of more bells and whistles for the cooker. Even a large family at times would benefit, the smaller cooker could be used for cooking a vegetable or dessert on the side. Hope you can come up with this, I have searched and searched. I also hope this is not too long in coming or this will be a 0-family household and would never have had the pleasure of being able to cook as I would like.
Honored Contributor

Re: Small Households

[ Edited ]

@FloBeth Welcome to the boards.  David probably won't see your message here,  best to contact the hosts on Facebook. 

I'm not sure what kind of cooker you are looking for, but I am a family of 1 person and 3 dogs, and I would not want a very small appliance.  When I make the effort to cook, I want enough for some leftovers to freeze so I don't have to do it again soon.  Cooking is not my favorite activity. My pressure cooker is 6 qts, all of my appliances and pans are family sized.  You can make small servings in a 6 qt. pressure cooker but you can also go big. 

Both QVC and HSN have featured 2 qt. pressure cookers in the recent past.  I know HSN's is sold out;  haven't checked QVC's.  They'll probably be back sooner or later.   You might also check other sources.... Amazon.com is a great source for small appliances, they carry the Instant Pot which has a cult-like following it's so popular. 

QVC does have some 2 qt cookers.  Put the size you want in the search bar at the top of the page. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment