Valued Contributor

I don't know if vendors ever take suggestions seriously, but if so, for Dooney: please make more bags with silver (paladium) hardware. I'm finding that the older I get, the more white metal jewelry I wear...and I'm not a "mixed metal" girl. I like my metals to match.

I think the white metals looks stunning on a bag, especially in darker colors

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dooney & Bourke Suggestion

@Quse wrote:

I don't know if vendors ever take suggestions seriously, but if so, for Dooney: please make more bags with silver (paladium) hardware. I'm finding that the older I get, the more white metal jewelry I wear...and I'm not a "mixed metal" girl. I like my metals to match.

I think the white metals looks stunning on a bag, especially in darker colors

Hi @Quse .. during the last Dooney show I watched on the Q there were some bags with silver hardware.  

Valued Contributor

They do make some. I have a gorgeous Toscana (I LOVE this line) with the white metals, but I'd really love to see more

Respected Contributor

I have one of the new Toscana Florentine bags with palladium hardware, including a gorgeous duck logo plate, and I LOVE it!  Love the silver hardware, and yes, would be interested in more.

Honored Contributor

Great suggestions !  👜

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I do think some colors call out for a specific color of hardware and some colors do well with both gold and silver.

Just one example -  Dooney often sells a medium or pale blue leather.  I like silver on that color.  I'd never buy the blue to begin with nor is silver hardward much in existence on any of my bags, I just appreciate the combination.  At the same time, I much prefer gold hardward on chocolate or caramel or saddle and wouldn't buy a bag in that family with silver hardware.

But I have red bags and black also, some with gold and some with silver. One of the black/silver is a Dooney although not from the Q collection.

Valued Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

I do think some colors call out for a specific color of hardware and some colors do well with both gold and silver.

Just one example -  Dooney often sells a medium or pale blue leather.  I like silver on that color.  I'd never buy the blue to begin with nor is silver hardward much in existence on any of my bags, I just appreciate the combination.  At the same time, I much prefer gold hardward on chocolate or caramel or saddle and wouldn't buy a bag in that family with silver hardware.

But I have red bags and black also, some with gold and some with silver. One of the black/silver is a Dooney although not from the Q collection.

I agree that some colors work better with gold, but the gold seems ubiquitous at this point. Camel, saddle, etc...look nice with gold, but I cannot find a black bag (that I like) with white metal. To me, black with white metal is a no brainer, they just go together.

Blues look good with both, but I'd also like to see a toned down gold, maybe burnished? Some of the gold just looks too....I don't know..."off" to me. 

Honored Contributor

Paladium is an expensive metal and I love it!  I like having a choice.  I know they've been putting it on their higher end bags, which is really good.  Louis Vuitton puts Paladium (or they used to) on many of their Epi Bags.  Good look!

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*